Setting up child account on XBox

Discus and support Setting up child account on XBox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I've created a new Microsoft email account for my son, and then added an account to our XBox. But I'm having the following issues: * By default, if... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Oceanclub, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Oceanclub
    Oceanclub Guest

So I've created a new Microsoft email account for my son, and then added an account to our XBox. But I'm having the following issues:

* By default, if I turn on the XBox, it logs into my account without any need for a password.

* Completely counterintuitively, if I then switch to my son's account, it prompts me for a password.

I obviously don't want him to (a) access my account since there's no time blocks or adult restrictions on it or (b) have to enter a long password every time we switch to it.

(It really strikes me that not a lot of thought has gone into this.)

How do I:

1. Set up the XBox so it logs into his account by default on restart/bootup _without a need for a password_ (as happens with my account now)
    2. Configure my account so that it needs a PIN.

3. Configure his account that no password is required if we switch to it.

EDIT: OK for anyone else who needs to do this, here's what I did.

1. Logged into son's account.

2. Went to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & PIN > Create my PIN.
    3. Set up a simple PIN for him.

4. Set Change my sign-in & security preferences to only need a PIN.

5. Switched to my account.

6. Did steps for 2 to 4 for myself as well, with a different PIN.

7. Can't remember this setting, but set it up so that there's no default account when you restart/reboot the console.

:)

Oceanclub, Aug 16, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: