Setting up a wireless network and connecting to Mircosoft Live problem.

Discus and support Setting up a wireless network and connecting to Mircosoft Live problem. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to setup a wireless network and connect to Microsoft Live, but the error message "Unplug the network cable; You chose a wireless network... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Robert_Hall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Robert_Hall
    Robert_Hall Guest

I'm trying to setup a wireless network and connect to Microsoft Live, but the error message "Unplug the network cable; You chose a wireless network connection, but there's a network cable plugged in." popped up, but there's not a network cable plugged into
    the device.

:)

Robert_Hall, Aug 23, 2016
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Configure and test your Xbox 360 wireless Internet connection

After you have connected the Xbox 360 Wireless Connecting Adapter to your original Xbox 360 console, you have to configure and test the wireless connection.

Steps to Follow

1. On your controller, press the Guide button and proceed to Settings, then choose System Settings.

2. Go to Network Settings then select the name of your wireless network.

Note: If you do not find your wireless network, go to Advanced Options and then select Specify Unlisted Network. Proceed to enter the name of your wireless network, after which you will be asked to select the security type.

3. Enter your wireless network password.

4. You will get a prompt to update your console software. Select Yes.

Still Not Connecting?

If you get a connection error message after these steps, you should try using the Xbox LIVE Connection Solution to fix the problem.

If your wireless network is not listed in Step 2 above, you can read about how to Improve Xbox Live Speed.

xboxfelix, Aug 23, 2016
  3. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    Wireless Escape connection...

Hello

Configure and test your Xbox 360 wireless Internet connection

Next, you need to configure your Xbox wireless settings and test your Xbox LIVE connection.

Configure your wireless settings
    1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select the name of your wireless network.

Note If you do not see your wireless network, select Advanced Options. Then, select Specify Unlisted Network, and enter your wireless network name. Next, you are prompted to choose the security type.
    4. Enter your wireless network password. How to find your wireless network password.
    5. Select Yes if you are prompted to update your console software.
    Can’t connect?
    If you get a connection error, try using our Xbox LIVE Connect Solution to fix the problem. If your wireless network is not listed in Step 3 above, see
    Improve Xbox LIVE speed

xbox360italy, Aug 23, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Try this I have had it work sometimes. Perform a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power
    cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test the results. Let us know. Good Luck!!

{Parity}, Aug 23, 2016
  5. {Parity} Win User

Try this I have had it work sometimes. Perform a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power
    cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test the results. Let us know. Good Luck!!
  6. Vision Verrify Win User

xbox live

Which problem do you encounter?

If you want to connect your Xbox wired
    here's a tutorial how do to it

If you prefer to go wireless,
    here's a tutorial to set up a wireless connection for your Xbox

Note: if you have a Xbox S-Console, wifi is already built in.

The only thing you need to do is to ensure that your Modem is connected to the internet.

Then setup your wireless network:

Xbox Home - Settings - System Network Settings - Wireless Network - Choose your network - Enter password - Wait for the connection to be completed.
  7. xbox360italy Win User

Brand new Xbox slim can't connect to wifi

[quote user="DaddyFatSakMgee"]

Message keeps coming up, the network is connected, the internet is connected, but cant connect to xbox live. my playstation 3 has no problem with the wifi, and when i plug the ethernet cable into the xbox live goes up and running. I've tried literally everything
    on the solutions page. restarted modem, opened ports. and xbox live status is perfectly fine. faulty xbox?

[/quote]Hello DADDYFATSAKMGEE

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.

Note If you do not see your wireless network, select Advanced Options. Then, select Specify Unlisted Network, and enter your wireless network name. Next, you are prompted to choose the security type.
    4. Enter your wireless network password. How to find your wireless network password.
    Can’t connect?

If you get a connection error, try using our Xbox LIVE Connect Solution to fix the problem. If your wireless network is not listed in Step 3 above, see
    Improve Xbox LIVE speed

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/wireless#f416ab66295f4b009870c8989cc0207a

8. cS Legacy cS Win User

Can't Connect to Xbox Live?

Have you tried this with all your Xbox's? The router might be the problem. If so, ask your provider to issue you a different model/router. You can try the FAQs below to attempt to resolve your issues in the meantime.

Next, you need to configure your Xbox wireless settings and test your Xbox LIVE connection.

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings and then select System Settings.

Can’t connect?
    Improve Xbox LIVE speed
  9. xbox360italy Win User

Wireless Escape connection...

Hello

Can’t connect?
    Improve Xbox LIVE speed
Thema:

1. Setting up a wireless network and connecting to Mircosoft Live problem. - Similar Threads - Setting wireless network

2. Trying to pair a wireless head set to a xbox one how is it done

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to pair a wireless head set to a xbox one how is it done: Trying to connect wireless headphones to xbox one but connecting 57506e0f-3d6a-4cf8-81bd-e85c68b56275
  3. Can I set XBox Series X to remember different wireless connection passwords?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I set XBox Series X to remember different wireless connection passwords?: It's good that I can connect via hotspot from my smarphone to the console, but I have different wireless connections available and XBox will only remember my last network status and try to connect...
  4. Microsoft wireless head set for Xbox plastic is breaking on second replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless head set for Xbox plastic is breaking on second replacement: Microsoft wireless head set for Xbox plastic is breaking around microphone on second replacement. As above, it’s weak as a kitten, what do we do? It’s less that 5 months old, first one lasted 2...
  5. Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes: nothing has worked for no specific reason besides ethernet which isn’t available for me and i tried hard resetting it but the issue came back a day later and it is persisting on not letting me...
  6. Is it possible to convert wired rockband drums in wireless set?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to convert wired rockband drums in wireless set?: I would like to mod my wired rockband drums because they plug in and have a short somewhere as 004a853a-0867-4c4c-90cd-d1a5a44d7e46
  7. Rock band 360 wireless set connecting issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rock band 360 wireless set connecting issues: Hi, i have a rock band beatles set. Last year i used to play the game on my xone without issue. Last week i want to play again but my drums and guitar (a hofner bass) dont connect to my console. I...
  8. How am i suppose to set up xfinity as my wireless connection when it won’t show me the sign...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How am i suppose to set up xfinity as my wireless connection when it won’t show me the sign...: Selected Xfinity in network settings, it asks to authenticate in another browser, im taken to a page that only says sign in, once selected the next page is blank with only the option to read terms...
  9. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox ...: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox connection worked 2 weeks ago Check this link for a possible solution:...
  10. How to set up two OPEN NAT's on the same wireless network. (Xbox Ones)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up two OPEN NAT's on the same wireless network. (Xbox Ones): Hey guys, My roommate and I have had Xbox One's since late 2013 and have always had issues joining the same lobbies, games, etc. Well, now that MKX has dropped he and I have been playing...