Setting up a used/2nd hand console, and payment option locale diff.?

Discus and support Setting up a used/2nd hand console, and payment option locale diff.? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a used/2nd hand console and I want to erase everything, remove old persons account and set it up for my account, how can I do that, what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iAmScOrpiOnAwan, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Setting up a used/2nd hand console, and payment option locale diff.?

I bought a used/2nd hand console and I want to erase everything, remove old persons account and set it up for my account, how can I do that, what precautions should be taken?

There is a difference in my store location and payment option location as my country does not fall into xbox locale.

Can I purchase soft-downloadable media/games from store, no need of hardware/physical?

:)

iAmScOrpiOnAwan, Sep 24, 2017
  2. Setting up payment option

ok, I am trying to set up my payment options for buying movies through live.

I live in the Czech Republic and yet, the address details will only let me input addresses for the US, so very annoying considering they are the biggest computer company on the planet

Any help please people

UnlikeNewt0845, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Setting up payment option

That would indicate that your Xbox Live account was set to the United States when the account was created. To resolve this, please migrate your Xbox Live account region to the region you're physically located in using our
    Region Migration Tool.

Let us know how it goes!

Mister Beep, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Best thing to do would be to do factory reset. That'll make the console like new and you would just sign into your account. - Reset Xbox One Console to Factory Defaults

If your Xbox account doesn't match your physical location, you will have issues purchasing any region locked content. That will mostly be 360 content.

Smwutches, Sep 24, 2017
  5. Whats a 360 content? How can I know that it is 360 content?

iAmScOrpiOnAwan, Sep 24, 2017
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Any games that we're made for the Xbox 360. You'll know because the artwork in the Xbox store will show it. Not all 360 games are region locked, but you may run into issues if you do try to purchase it.

Smwutches, Sep 25, 2017
  7. I just purchased Assassins Creed (The very first one), it is 360 content. But now I am unable to purchase other, coz it asks from address in US even when I am downloading a soft copy.

There are XBOX one games (Physical) available in the market and websites, how can I know that I am purchasing the write one/Original one? Some provide a number (SKU number).

iAmScOrpiOnAwan, Sep 25, 2017
  8. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

What do you mean?

Smwutches, Sep 25, 2017
  9. There ate websites from where I can purchase. They deliver in my country. I want to know the method by which I will know that the content they are providing me is legit and original.

iAmScOrpiOnAwan, Oct 2, 2017
  10. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest
    No-one here can assist you with purchasing games from non Microsoft approved sources.

An Old Freak, Oct 2, 2017
  11. Ok.

Help me buy from store. I have a visa debit card saved in my Microsoft account as a payment option. I can see it in "Guide/Settings/All settings/Account/Payment & billing/Payment options." But when I m trying to purchase Tekken 7 it says how do u wanna pay
    the rest? Not showing my saved payment options. Ok I do this click on pay thru a card but in the end instead of paying it again shows save the card option.

iAmScOrpiOnAwan, Oct 3, 2017
  12. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest
    Are you located in a country that is supported by Xbox Live? Xbox Live Countries | Xbox Live International

An Old Freak, Oct 4, 2017
  13. Setting up a used/2nd hand console, and payment option locale diff.?

No I am not located in one of these countries.

So what now?

iAmScOrpiOnAwan, Nov 1, 2018
  14. iAmScOrpiOnAwan Win User

There are XBOX one games (Physical) available in the market and websites, how can I know that I am purchasing the write one/Original one? Some provide a number (SKU number).

What do you mean?
    There ate websites from where I can purchase. They deliver in my country. I want to know the method by which I will know that the content they are providing me is legit and original.
  15. iAmScOrpiOnAwan Win User

What do you mean?

There ate websites from where I can purchase. They deliver in my country. I want to know the method by which I will know that the content they are providing me is legit and original.

No-one here can assist you with purchasing games from non Microsoft approved sources.
    Ok.

Help me buy from store. I have a visa debit card saved in my Microsoft account as a payment option. I can see it in "Guide/Settings/All settings/Account/Payment & billing/Payment options." But when I m trying to purchase Tekken 7 it says how do u wanna pay
    the rest? Not showing my saved payment options. Ok I do this click on pay thru a card but in the end instead of paying it again shows save the card option.
  16. iAmScOrpiOnAwan Win User

Whats a 360 content? How can I know that it is 360 content?

Any games that we're made for the Xbox 360. You'll know because the artwork in the Xbox store will show it. Not all 360 games are region locked, but you may run into issues if you do try to purchase it.
    I just purchased Assassins Creed (The very first one), it is 360 content. But now I am unable to purchase other, coz it asks from address in US even when I am downloading a soft copy.

17. Smwutches Win User

What do you mean?
  18. Smwutches Win User

Thema:

1. Setting up a used/2nd hand console, and payment option locale diff.? - Similar Threads - Setting used 2nd

2. When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...: My screen says in description that it can run 1440p at 120fps for console gaming(AOC 1440p 155hz adaptive sync) but when i try to set my resolution to 1440p it wont let me use 120hz only 60hz and...
  3. I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...: Please reply if you know anything to help my lag issues 40196061-8ff9-419a-b924-44e03e6c880d
  4. How to Remove Keyboard from flight simulator settings when using Core Elite 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Remove Keyboard from flight simulator settings when using Core Elite 2: I just purchased the xbox wireless controller Elite Core 2 to use with Flight Simulator on the Xbox series X. The issue I am having is that the controller has now added a keyboard as part of the...
  5. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  6. Can you use the wired rock band 1 drum set or guitars on the new Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use the wired rock band 1 drum set or guitars on the new Xbox Series X?: So recently I reopened my garage and found my old rock band stuff. I tried to plug it directly into my Xbox Series X to play Fortnite Festival, but it wasn’t getting any inputs. I know they work...
  7. The TV I use does not have the settings needed to get the fell size screen, but there is a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The TV I use does not have the settings needed to get the fell size screen, but there is a...: In the Calibrate TV option, on the screen for size, there is a green full size and blue minimum size box. I cannot get the green full size box to fit my TV screen, how do I set it so it displays...
  8. I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...: I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox for my child for xmas but he cant use his headset to talk to friends why is this? 01ac49d7-7f8b-42bc-9b68-95c805540615
  9. i bought the red dragon h350 pandora gaming head set when i use the microphone it sounds so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought the red dragon h350 pandora gaming head set when i use the microphone it sounds so bad: this is a issue ive been trying to solve for 2 hours and I cant do anything when I use the mic in a loop back test it sounds so **** bad it hurts for everyone else that uses this headset It sounds...
  10. How to correctly set up capture card for xbox one x and twitch use??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to correctly set up capture card for xbox one x and twitch use??: Hello, I have recently gotten into streaming on twitch. I am looking to elevate my quality of streaming by adding a capture card to include the audio of fellow players on fortnite game chat. So...