Setting color depth for he's tv

Discus and support Setting color depth for he's tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one x is set to my her 4k display. I know it will automatically turn a lot of stuff on the tv when it detects hdr content. Bit for color... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by blazinghellion, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Setting color depth for he's tv

My Xbox one x is set to my her 4k display.

I know it will automatically turn a lot of stuff on the tv when it detects hdr content. Bit for color depth, I know hdr needs 10 bit. But what about none hdr content.

If I select 8 bit, will it automatically switch to 10 bit upon sending hdr content?

:)

blazinghellion, Mar 4, 2018
  2. GFx1
    GFx1 Guest
    Samsung HDR tv

Dashes mean that the sampling for those color schemes are not available. The zeros are equivalent of checkmarks, that in this color scheme, sampling is available. And with UHD Color setting turned on, the 10-bit and 12-bit sampling for color depths YCbCr
    4:2:2 and YCbCr 4:2:0 are available. Xbox One S supports all of the color depths. And 10-bit sampling is the equivalent of HDR10. So as long as you turn UHD Color on the TV, you will get HDR color support with this TV set.

GFx1, Mar 4, 2018
  3. blocky terrible color on xbone x - games only

What is the model of your TV? Does your TV actually support 12-bit color? The "Color depth" option may still be available even if your TV doesn't support it. If you set the color depth to a setting that your TV doesn't support, you're likely going to see
    artifacts on your TV screen, or the HDMI input will just disconnect while running a game.

If your TV supports HDR, set the color to 10-bit.

If your TV does NOT support HDR, then set it to 8-bit.

Internet Expert, Mar 4, 2018
  4. Setting color depth for he's tv

Select "8-bit" if your 4K display is not capable of HDR. HDR content will be displayed in 8-bit, non-HDR color.

Select "10-bit" if your 4K display is capable of HDR. Non-HDR content will be automatically displayed in 8-bit color.

Internet Expert, Mar 4, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Setting color depth for he's tv