Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix?

Discus and support Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey y'all! I was able to log in into my old Xbox account which had an OG username I would really like to set as my name on my active account. Since... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by blazRuVanCORE, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix?

Hey y'all!
    I was able to log in into my old Xbox account which had an OG username I would really like to set as my name on my active account.
    Since there is the new system that gives you a suffix if the name is already taken I changed the Gamertag on the old account to something different to like, make the name available again in hope I can get it without a suffix now. However, requesting a change to this Gamertag would still give me a suffix despite it being freed up now.
    I don't really find any info on my specific situation so I don't know if previously taken Gamertags would still give you a suffix, no matter if it is fully available now or not.
    Does anyone have Info on that? Is there anything I can do? I would love to have back my old OG name on my current account! Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix? :)

:)

blazRuVanCORE, Aug 30, 2023
  2. blazRu Win User

Hey, thank you for your answer :)
    I was thinking about that as well, I am just curious if it actually works like that, meaning if you could actually get a previously taken username without a suffix if it has been freed up, since I can't find anything google-ing around.
    But it looks like you are being pretty positive about that working, so I'll give it some time then and check back regularly on the name :)

EDIT: It worked now. The System really just needed some time! Thanks :)
  3. blazRu Win User

Yeah it worked now. The System actually just needed an hour or two to "unlock" the name. :)
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

i moved my old gamertag to a new account instantaneously, changed the old, updated the new instantly.
  5. Smwutches Win User

It can take time for the system to recognize the change. So if it's still giving the suffix, then the system is still showing the gamertag as in use even though it has been changed. You'd have to wait for it to recognize that it's been freed up before you can use it without the suffix.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Something is wrong with this update for gamertag custom. And i hate it.

The suffix is added when you choose a gamertag that is already taken. In order to have a gamertag without the suffix, you would need to choose a gamertag that no one else has.
Thema:

1. Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix? - Similar Threads - Setting previously taken

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  4. as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out

in XBoX on Windows
    as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out: I just installed among us and it says I need to change my privacy & online safety settings but when i go to settings it signs me out of my account 74de54d4-330a-4420-b250-01a6d044ba36
  5. Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings: Can someone explain to me what each frequency range represents? 125Hz, 250Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz My headset sounds terrible for first person shooters. submitted by /u/Hayden22Stone [link]...
  6. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  7. I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code at the family setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code at the family setting: I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code and now my games do not play 286f448f-b8f9-49b4-94e7-aef96fa3151d
  8. I keep trying to redeem my reward points for the goals set bit it never works

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep trying to redeem my reward points for the goals set bit it never works: I keep trying to redeem my rewards points for the goals but it never goes through. 50ff52c3-475c-44ab-b199-257ff483eda5
  9. How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?: For some reason my settings app on my Xbox one s has magically disappeared and I can only assume that someone has uninstalled it. Is there a way to get it back because I've been having so much...
  10. Hello, elite 2, I set the light to the lowest level, it returns to its previous state as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, elite 2, I set the light to the lowest level, it returns to its previous state as...: Even if I switch to the trigger settings just to the left, it changes back >: why and how ?! 6128540a-0e5a-47bc-a339-c7e1ed89d046