Server connection loss issues with Xbox Series S

Discus and support Server connection loss issues with Xbox Series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When trying to play Madden 24, The Show 23, and similar games using Ultimate Game Pass, I get a connection loss notification and the image on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MJBou, Feb 26, 2024.

1. MJBou
    MJBou Guest

When trying to play Madden 24, The Show 23, and similar games using Ultimate Game Pass, I get a connection loss notification and the image on the screen is scrambled. I’ve gone through all the suggested connectivity tests, power cycle, dump MAC address, used manual Google DNS settings, cleared local game info, reset the console while keeping games, etc. I’ve been in touch with XBOX and EA support and run through all basic and advanced trouble shooting steps. Anybody have advice on what else to try?

:)

MJBou, Feb 26, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi MJBou, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can use your device IP on the DMZ of your Router.

There are great guides online*:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-dmz-guide

https://www.ubisoft.com/help/connec...article/setting-up-dmz-for-xbox-one/000061024

There is also this complete guide about NAT errors and configuration on the Xbox website, I recommend it:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

----------------------------------------
    Setting the DMZ

A) On your Router
    1. Make sure to use the ethernet cable connection, it is more reliable than the Wi-Fi one. (If possible)

2. You then, have to assign a static (fixed) IP for your Xbox console on your router, which will enable you to do the next steps

3. Turn on DMZ under the IP you selected for your Xbox Console.

4. Turn on UPnP on your router

By doing that, you'll pretty much have an open and direct connection to the game servers.

B) On the Xbox Console

Configure the network settings accordingly.

Enter the Settings menu.

Under the General tab, select Network Settings then Advanced Settings.

Take note of the information displayed

Select IP Settings > Manual.

Enter the same IP you configured on your router DMZ.

*Note: This is a non-Microsoft website.

The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information.

Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Zedrik von Katmahl Win User

Rewards App not working

Rewards app won't work for either the Xbox One S or the Xbox Series S trying multiple internet connections and DNS servers
  4. iTsFx Win User

Latency on my Xbox Series S stands between 160 to 270ms

There are a few things you can try to reduce the latency on your Xbox Series S:

Check your internet connection: Make sure your internet connection is stable and fast enough for online gaming. You can check the speed and stability of your connection by visiting a speed test website.

Restart your Xbox Series S and modem/router: Sometimes, restarting your devices can help resolve connectivity issues.

Change your DNS server: You can try changing the DNS server on your Xbox Series S to a more reliable one. Some popular public DNS servers include Google DNS (8.8.8.8) and Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1).

Disable network throttling: Some internet service providers (ISPs) may throttle your bandwidth when using online gaming services. You can contact your ISP to see if they are doing this and ask them to remove the throttling.

Use a wired connection: If you're using a wireless connection, try connecting your Xbox Series S to your router with an Ethernet cable. This can help improve stability and reduce latency.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Xbox support for further assistance.
  5. martTM Win User

Microsoft rewards app not opening.

Same issue here, tried it across multiple Xbox consoles too (one Series X, one Series S). Going to lose my 18-week streak if it doesn't start working today. That'll be really disappointing.

It's either tied to a connection issue with their server (not the Xbox network connection on our end) or the app had an update in the background that broke it. Either way, it's an MS problem to fix. :(
  6. Taylor T11 Win User

Black ops 3 can't connect to server on Xbox series x

I'm having the same issue but on the Xbox series s, black ops 3 won't connect to the online server. Tried the above troubleshooting and didn't help. I also cannot play the game offline because it crashes when I try.
Thema:

1. Server connection loss issues with Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Server connection loss

2. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  3. I can't connect to Mojang servers in Minecraft Dungeons

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to Mojang servers in Minecraft Dungeons: Good afternoon, I play on PS 5 in Ukraine, SunGood afternoon, I play on PS 5 in Ukraine, everything has always been fine, but since yesterday I cannot connect to the Mojang servers and play the...
  4. why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down

in XBoX on Consoles
    why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  5. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  6. Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft servers not connecting over ethernet.: Hey, I'm , and I live in Canberra, Australia. I'm the owner of a server Called ADSCRAFT, and I just got a new computer to be able to play it better, as I was previously simply doing it off an old...
  7. Can’t connect to Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Servers: Hello! For whatever reason, whenever I play Dragonball xenoverse 2, on my series X, I’m unable to play any of the multiplayer modes that come with the game. Whenever I try and join a game with...
  8. Can't connect to any game servers on my pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to any game servers on my pc.: Hello. First of i don't know if it is related, but it made me a bit suspicious. Yesterday on the 23/2-2024 I installed some new updates from windows/microsoft. KB5034765 and KB5034467. All of a...
  9. Minecraft server xbox account unable to connect

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft server xbox account unable to connect: Hi there I have a minecraft server where one of the memeber is unable to join he has tried on 3 seperate devices but still receives the error message saying unable to join the world does anyone...
  10. Cant connect to Farming simulator server, modhub, https://www.giants-software.com/ or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant connect to Farming simulator server, modhub, https://www.giants-software.com/ or...: I get the ``could not connect to the server´´. I also wont get access to the modhub in the game, i only get ``loading modhub´´. When i try the webpages as mentioned in the question it only refers...