Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support

Discus and support Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've purchased two Xbox Elite controllers to utilize the back paddles, and it's disappointing to note that both have developed faults within a year!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aram1s, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Aram1s
    Aram1s Guest

I've purchased two Xbox Elite controllers to utilize the back paddles, and it's disappointing to note that both have developed faults within a year! Both controllers also share the same issue with the right bumper not functioning correctly. Despite my attempts to utilize the warranty, I have not been able to resolve the issue. Numerous other buyers have faced similar problems, as a simple online search reveals. This raises concerns that MICROSOFT MAY KNOWINGLY BE SELLING A FAULTY PRODUCT while providing an unhelpful warranty.

I'm now left wondering who I can contact to address this ongoing issue, as I've invested around $400 in two controllers that have proven to be subpar. Additionally, I feel guilty about disposing of these controllers and would like to inquire if there's a way to return them. This situation has left me dissatisfied with Microsoft's product and service quality! HELP!

:)

Aram1s, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Aram1s,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems you've been experiencing issue with your Xbox Elite controllers. I understand how frustrating it can be to invest in a product that doesn't meet your expectations. Microsoft takes product quality and customer satisfaction seriously, and allow me to do the best I can or point you to the right support team where you can get the best resolution to your concern.

Regarding returning the controllers, Microsoft has a 30-day return policy for products purchased directly from the Microsoft Store. If you purchased the controllers from a different retailer, their return policy may differ. However, since it has been over a year since your purchase, it's unlikely that you'll be able to return them for a refund. But if your accessory is within warranty period, you can order a replacement accessory from Device services (console registration is required). Follow the onscreen prompts to place an order. See: Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

I hope this information helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

3. XBF Amber M Win User

XBOX ELITE Controller registration, warranty, and replacement

Hi Jersahi,

I moved your post into a new thread so that we could tailor our support specifically to you!

Thanks for reaching out to us in forums for this issue. In relation to warranties, when it comes to controllers, if you have an Elite controller then you'll be pleased to know that it has a 1 year warranty
    on it. The 90 day warranty is for the standard Xbox One controllers and other accessories. Should you need some help with your Elite controller, you may want to take a look at our support article entitled Servicing
    your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
    which will give you a bit more information concerning the topic at hand and options for getting your device serviced.

I hope that this helps you out!
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

manette Xbox Elite [Xbox Elite Handcuffs]

5. FearedNightmare Win User

XBox One Elite Controller - Sad buy

You can still get a repair for your controller even though it's out of warranty but it won't be free, I don't know what the exact cost it, you should be able to contact Xbox Support about it.

Information about servicing your Elite Controller can be found here
    support.xbox.com/.../servicing-elite-controller
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

xbox one elite wireless controller thumb stick drift.

Thema:

1. Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support - Similar Threads - Serious Concerns Elite

2. Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.

in XboX Insiders
    Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.: When you start a party chat it automatically sets it self to game chat mode and you must go in and disable it then re-enable and disable it before the party chat will actually work. Also. If you...
  3. No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension): This is an old suspension, But a very Wrong one at that, I feel the need to contact a lawyer about this as I'm sure many others that followed guidelines and played fair and LISTENED to xbox...
  4. I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5: Basically I bought the Xbox pass on PC and wanted to play some sniper elite 5 online, I have downloaded the game and once I try to join it says "unkown file version sniper5_dx12.exe" and wont join...
  5. How can I upload a new card game from Amazon to my computer. I seriously need help before...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I upload a new card game from Amazon to my computer. I seriously need help before...: s fi I seriously need help on this new computer. I ordered a Hoyle card game from Amazon, and I got it as far as File Explorer on my computer, but cannot upload into my computer. It sends me...
  6. Xbox 8 strike system sucks and should seriously be looked at

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 8 strike system sucks and should seriously be looked at: My friend's account is getting mass reported, has been banned for a year, is getting mass reported again, and now has 18/8 strikes. What can he do, and why does the Xbox enforcement system stink...
  7. What can I do if Microsoft disabled access to my account for serious violation of Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can I do if Microsoft disabled access to my account for serious violation of Microsoft...: I was on 2k 2 days ago when I logged out for 2 hours tried to log back in when they said my account had a problem. So then I did this from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=519253 Then...
  8. Does the enforcement team actually take their reports seriously?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does the enforcement team actually take their reports seriously?: So I get bullied online a lot for my Nationality. And I report people for it, but yet nothings happens. Why is that? like does the enforcement take their reports seriously?...
  9. I want to have blur in the xbox serious x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to have blur in the xbox serious x: I want to play blur on xbox serious x ff35abc5-09c1-4f78-94cb-5332db7ed222
  10. XBOX ONLINE SAFETY CONCERN **SERIOUS ISSUE**

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONLINE SAFETY CONCERN **SERIOUS ISSUE**: THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS AT THIS POINT, EVERY OTHER DAY MY NETWORK IS GETTING THREATS AND LEAKED BY 13-YEAR-OLD SCRIPT KIDDIES SIMPLY FROM JUST PLAYING THE GAME? NOT EVEN BOTHERING ANYONE? THIS...