Series X will not output 4k120

Discus and support Series X will not output 4k120 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Worked fine with last TV Q90T 4k120+VRR on stock series X cable. Now using a QN95B and all 4 HDMI ports are 2.1 Spec but no matter what settings using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bulletbull3t, May 8, 2023.

1. bulletbull3t
    bulletbull3t Guest

Worked fine with last TV Q90T 4k120+VRR on stock series X cable.

Now using a QN95B and all 4 HDMI ports are 2.1 Spec but no matter what settings using cannot get it into 4k120, the details screen shows 4k120 native and all other options are supported but it just does not want to enable.

All 4 ports are setup in the TV options to handle 2.1, have tried with Vrr without different bit settings 8,10,12 and nothing seems to help.

At first Xbox would not even allow 4K and had to reset xbox to get this options to appear.

I Have tried another series X original cable and does the same.

Any ideas would be great! Thanks

:)

bulletbull3t, May 8, 2023
  2. bulletbull3t Win User

Have tried the new High Speed cable with no luck, reset both Xbox and TV and still fails to set 4k120

I cannot watch HDR videos on you tube without signal loss.

I can game in 4k60VRR and HDR with no issues.

At this point im out of ideas?
  3. bulletbull3t Win User

Many Thanks, i have a new high speed cable arriving tomorrow so will try this.
  4. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to use different HDMI cable and check if there's any changes? Thanks!
  5. Dericka Win User

Awesome! This will surely do the trick.
  6. CountingDown27 Win User

another complaint about the series x performance

Very true. i can understand people's frsutrations though as 4k120Hz was one of the big selling points of the Series X. I didn't buy a Series X when they first came out but I did purchases a 4k TV and overspent on 4k120 getting ready for the console's release....3 years down the road and I don't believe there is a single game yet that utilises it is there?

I think the biggest problem is a console that will do up to 4k120 and yet a lot of developers are still limiting things to 30...which was well within the limitations of the old consoles!
Thema:

1. Series X will not output 4k120 - Similar Threads - Series output 4k120

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays: My receiver tells me the audio format that it is receiving from components. It says Dolby Atmos from my Xbox Series X when I play games and stream Netflix. However, when I put in a 4k Bluray and...
  8. Xbox Series X broken HDMI output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X broken HDMI output.: The HDMI output has stopped working on my Series X. Looks like the far side of the HDMI is broken. I have moved this console one time since setting up, seems to be a manufacturing defect. Is there...
  9. Series X grey screen/ no output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X grey screen/ no output: My Series X has had repeated warranty returns for video output failure, when I switch it on it just shows a grey screen with a pink line down the centre, I only got it back from repair last week...
  10. Remote Play Xbox Series S causing rapid outputs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play Xbox Series S causing rapid outputs: I'm trying to live stream Fortnite with remote play with Windows PC on Xbox Series S and when trying it causes a very rapid movements and glitches with speed. Both devices are on same network and...