Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted

Discus and support Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Found an issue affecting Xbox Series X network connectivity on startup from power save mode (.5v). Unable to detect Ethernet network interface until... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chaos Hellex, Aug 28, 2023.

1. Chaos Hellex
    Chaos Hellex Guest

Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted

Found an issue affecting Xbox Series X network connectivity on startup from power save mode (.5v).

Unable to detect Ethernet network interface until reboot.

This issue occurs when a Western Digital EasyStore series USB external hard drive attached [non-portable mode tested].

This does not affects Series S consoles.

Other model hard drives tested did not trigger this issue with Series X.

Optional workaround: Use sleep mode (10-15v).

:)

Chaos Hellex, Aug 28, 2023
  2. Rob Salmon 445 Win User

Thank you for providing this information to the community.

And also for offering a fix for the issue.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. If you could let me know if we have answered your questions or if there is anything else we can assist you with?
  3. Rob Salmon 445 Win User

Hi Chaos H,

thank you for getting in touch today. My name is Rob, I am an independent advisor and I’d be more than happy to help you.

Please give me a few moments while I review your query
  4. Spiderdust8 Win User

cannot connect to xbox live through ether jack but can wirelessly

I'm having a similar issue with my Xbox One: If I allow the console to sleep then then next time I awaken it (say, the next day) the Ethernet NIC seems to be unable to connect to the internet. This won't resolve itself until I power cycle the console. My
    workaround is to disable the sleep mode and completely shut down the console each time. Obviously this comes at the cost of the console never performing updates during off-hours.
  5. Travis Burdette Win User

For this game you need to be online

After reading others people’s posts who are having the same issue, it seems this may be a wired networking issue. I unplugged the Ethernet and connected via wifi and it works fine. The wired connection issue with the series X is widespread and Microsoft needs to address this.
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

Set up issue

Are you using a wired or wireless internet connection?

Try a wired connection (ethernet cable) to your network hardware and restart the console. It should connect and do the required OS update.

If wireless choose a factory refresh of the console. After the refresh is complete, input the console setup details again.

Setup new Series X S has further details.
Thema:

1. Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted - Similar Threads - Series unable connect

2. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  3. Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x)

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x): On Xbox Series X (console) I'm unable to install the latest version/update of Insiders Hub. After waiting around 15 minutes at 99% I power cycled and same issue. Uninstalled, rebooted, and tried...
  4. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  5. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  6. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  7. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  8. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  9. Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility: A few days ago, I was achievement hunting on some old Xbox 360 games and was connected to xbox live and was able to play online a day after finishing all the achievements on a game I went to boot...
  10. Unable to get NAT type on xbox series x when connected to Starlink

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to get NAT type on xbox series x when connected to Starlink: Online gaming is not working for my Xbox series x but I can play offline games, watch Netflix and YouTube without issues. When I check the multiplayer test connection I keep getting the error of...