Series X turning off when starting certain games

Discus and support Series X turning off when starting certain games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Logan Fahrenholtz, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Series X turning off when starting certain games

My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to start up Goat Simulator 3 or Dead Island 2 the console completely shuts down a few seconds into the loading screen. I have tried Goat simulator 3 from the disc and Game pass with the same issue. Mass Effect and Dead Island 3 are both from game pass with no disc. There is plenty of ir ventilation around the xbox. I don't understand why one works with no issues and the others wont even start up.

:)

Logan Fahrenholtz, Mar 2, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Logan! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series X console.

I understand that the issue doesn't occur on other games and the console has plenty of space for ventilation.

There could be an issue with the console OS itself or corrupted saved data from these specific games you mentioned. Kindly try to perform the following workarounds according to the official Xbox websites: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution and https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ect Don’t turn off automatically. . See More.

"1. Clear the local save for the games where the issue keeps on occurring and resync with the cloud. Here's how:

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
    Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller.
    Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.

After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try installing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you used to play this game online so that all your data is saved to the cloud.

2. Troubleshoot your Power Supply.

If your console continues to shut down unexpectedly, the problem might be the power supply. For info about how to troubleshoot power supply issues, go to:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/console-wont-power-on

Note: To ensure that your console is receiving the full voltage necessary, plug your console’s power cord directly into a wall outlet and not any kind of surge protector or extension cord.

3. Change the console settings so it doesn't turn off automatically:

Turn on the console.
    Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.
    Under Options, select Turn off after, and then select Don’t turn off automatically.

4. Perform a factory reset keep my games and apps to clear any corruption.

Console shutdowns can sometimes happen due to system corruption, requiring the console to be reset to factory reset keep my games and apps. For info on how to reset your console operating system, go to:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Note: System corruption can sometimes spread to external storage devices, so unplug any external storage (such as external hard drives) before performing a system reset and leave such devices unplugged until you’re able to verify whether the issue is still occurring after the reset. "

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox Series X - turns off when starting games

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey UladzimirBulakhau, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I am familiar with this issue. A lot of owners of the Xbox Series X had been having this issue. I own a Series X myself, but in my case, thankfully haha, the console does not exhibit this behaviour. But this happens due to a hardware issue, it is advised that you trigger your warranty and send your Xbox to Microsoft.

Access the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Click on the "Enter" option, it will take you to your registered devices page, select "more details" in your xbox, then it will take you to a page that will inform your console warranty, below will have the option "Start Order" then, just follow the steps from there.
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox Series X double starts

Hi,

I have an xbox series x. When turning the xbox on with a controller the system will turn on then immediately turn off and start again.
    Does this happen if you use the console on/off button?

Is the console OS and the controller firmware up to date?
  5. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  6. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
Thema:

1. Series X turning off when starting certain games - Similar Threads - Series turning off

2. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  3. HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off

in XboX Insiders
    HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off: Have been gone for the weekend to come back to this. Not overheating, nothing I don’t think has happened to the power in the house since I’ve been gone. Really weird. Any help is appreciated...
  4. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  5. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  6. Xbox Series X is immediately turning off after trying turn it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X is immediately turning off after trying turn it on?: I don't know why but randomly my xbox series x has randomly decided to not turn on, the light will come on, but the fan doesn't start and it shuts off after 5 seconds or so, already cleared out...
  7. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  8. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  9. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  10. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...