Series X Strange CEC behaviour - Toshiba TV

Discus and support Series X Strange CEC behaviour - Toshiba TV in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey So I’ve never had issues with my tv and have used CEC for a little while now. I decided to try adjusting the volume for the first time today (from... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mindmeltinglydumb, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Series X Strange CEC behaviour - Toshiba TV

Hey

So I’ve never had issues with my tv and have used CEC for a little while now. I decided to try adjusting the volume for the first time today (from the Xbox) and wow….things went very wrong. The volume went up to 100% and however long I held the remote volume down button it started going straight up as soon as I released it. I managed to get it down to a very low level by holding the button whilst switching of CEC control and rebooting the XBox but it didn’t help. I had to power cycle the tv for it to finally give up increasing the volume and what a pain in the proverbial. I forgot to pull the HDMI lead to see if that killed it before powering off the tv but I wondered if anyone else had seen this?

I can’t be bothered fighting to turn the volume back down again if it happens again so thought I’d see if it had happened to anyone else and if there’s a fix?

submitted by /u/Mindmeltinglydumb
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mindmeltinglydumb, Oct 28, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  3. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Xbox series X strange behaviours

Hello SA2101
    My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today. Imagine your English is very good, I'm not very good at English either, it's really normal for this to happen, in a recent update the Xbox improved the ventilation on the Xbox, making the console always at a good temperature.
  4. TH3 M4RKSMAN Win User

HDMI - CEC is not working

this TV was fine using a sky mini box and CEC on that.

I have been through the setup and troubleshooting guide with no resolution.

I have already tried a factory reset on both the Series X console and the TV and still have the same issue
  5. GerbenS_1980 Win User

Series X strange start up behaviour

Its already updated.

I have already done the clearing cache option.

It is working now, but this behavior keeps coming back.

I don’t think a hard reset solves anything in this case, but will try after next time.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Series X strange start up behaviour

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey GerbenS_1980, how are you today? Hope you're well.

First, check if there aren't any pending updates for your console, if it does, update it, please.

After you do that, try to restore your console as well.

First, clean the cache of your console that way:

1. With the console turned on, hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until you hear a small sound.

2. Wait 10 seconds.

3. Turn it back on.

Note: It may take a while for it to turn on, don't worry, it's normal.

Then, restore your console keeping the games and apps:

***IMPORTANT*** If you share accounts with someone, you will have to redo the process of placing the account as the main one again, be aware of the chances you still have to do this, as Microsoft makes available per year, only 5 chances so you can make some account your console's main account.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console Information >

3. Select Reset console > Restore and keep my games and apps.

4. When asked to pull settings from an old Xbox, choose no, thanks

5. You will have to log in to your accounts again, and when you sign in with your account, make sure you turn it has your home console also, that's it.

NOTE: Rest assured, you won't lose games or saves
Thema:

Series X Strange CEC behaviour - Toshiba TV

1. Series X Strange CEC behaviour - Toshiba TV - Similar Threads - Series Strange CEC

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  4. Xbox Series S Turn off dashboard - Strange text.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Turn off dashboard - Strange text.: The turn off dashboard when holding down the Xbox button, the text has changed. . submitted by /u/Vaderian1312 [link] [comments]
  5. brand new series x with strange start up issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new series x with strange start up issue: My console wont boot up unless i long press the power button each time. I was told by doing so it clears the cache,which erases anything i previously downloaded from game pass. Is there something...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 Strange Angle Deadzone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Strange Angle Deadzone: Not really sure what else to call this, but it seems that at some after the raw controller input, there is a kind of deadzone applied to inputs so that the stick kind of "snaps" to the...
  7. Xbox series X strange behaviours

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X strange behaviours: Hi, sorry in advance for eventual mistakes but english is not my first language. I just brought a brand new Xbox series X about a week ago and I'm experiencing some strange behaviours. I would...
  8. Unusual Xbox series X error. COD crashes on start and has strange green graphics.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unusual Xbox series X error. COD crashes on start and has strange green graphics.: I have recently bought a second brand and new Xbox (in a country with a lack of reputable technology shops/servicers) that I use when I’m working abroad. None of the big title games I have work on...
  9. Series x keeps crashing and strange lines are appearing in every game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series x keeps crashing and strange lines are appearing in every game: [img] I keep getting these strange line in everygame i play, online & offline no matter what, ive powered it on and off everyway, factory reset it and cleaned out the heat sync but its just not...
  10. Strange black lines in halo reach (pc, xbox series s)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange black lines in halo reach (pc, xbox series s): Hello everyone, i have a question regarding halo reach on pc (steam). Did anyone else notice similar black lines going through their screen in halo reach on pc ? i noticed them way back on my old...