Series x shuts down every time I try to boot any game up

Discus and support Series x shuts down every time I try to boot any game up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Apps like Netflix work fine, but every time I try to load any game up, it just shuts off immediately. No error codes or anything. It has been serviced... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Danielcarlisle, May 2, 2023.

1. Series x shuts down every time I try to boot any game up

Apps like Netflix work fine, but every time I try to load any game up, it just shuts off immediately. No error codes or anything.

It has been serviced by microsoft around 2 months ago due to a graphics problem, but warranty is now out.

:)

Danielcarlisle, May 2, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information and I apologize for the trouble.

Please make sure that your console is in a well-ventilated place, Daniel. Make sure that it is also plugged in directly on a wall socket and not on a power surge/strip.

Follow the steps below to reset the internal power supply:

"Unplug the mains lead from the console.

Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Goggs25 Win User

Skydrift infinity unplayable on series x

There is no extra content for the game I can navigate the menus but when I load up any race the game crashes every time. It does this on the series x only it works fine on Xbox x.
  4. FilipMikolaj Win User

XBOX Series X Hard Crashes While Playing NBA 2K22

I have the same issue

Nba 2k22 next gen on X series, if only i go to any online activity mode, like 5v5 Rec, console just shutting down. Offline modes i could play 24/7 no problems

When i called Microsoft, wanna know what they told me ??

"It is very weird, make sure you got proper ventilation and plugged in directly"

Sigh

Really pushing me hard for a switch to PS5 ehh, they don`t shut down in 2k22, they also got their issues, but you can play at least, their consoles don`t shut down.

I mean this issue with Series X shutting down is beyond imagining, just unreal. Tons tons of reports on internet on various forums, X series users reporting it from some time now, did not see any PS5 shutting down user reporting it, just other minor bugs.
  5. TKSullivan Win User

Game does not allow live streaming?

Your answer is not satisfactory since the issue is specifically with Xbox Series X and S so far as I've seen, which are systems that came out well after Mixer shut down. I have been streaming on Twitch through my Series X and even I cannot stream a single game now, every game states "this game does not allow streaming" including games I HAVE streamed in the past.

So there's something else going on that is not "we shut Mixer down over a year before this console launched"
  6. stuthemonkey Win User

application loading error

I shut down and start up my computer daily. and this issue occurs every time I try the game. there are no windows updates that I have not installed either.
Thema:

1. Series x shuts down every time I try to boot any game up - Similar Threads - Series shuts down

2. Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight: As title. Every night for about the last month, our Xbox Series X shuts down at precisely midnight. Doesn’t matter if we’re watching something or playing something. There have been several updates...
  3. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  4. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  5. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  6. Xbox Series X Shuts down in 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Shuts down in 4k: Hello, I have an issue after purchasing a new tv. My Xbox worked fine with the previous tv, but it was only running at 1080p so I decided to purchase a new 4k 120hz tv. The model I got (Vizio...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X shutting down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox Series X shutting down?: My xbox is shutting down during halo infinite. Is there something wrong with my xbox? I've had my series X since day 1 and this is the first time something like this has happened....
  8. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  9. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  10. Xbox series X full shut down - EA FC 24 - Battlefield 2042 - Madden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X full shut down - EA FC 24 - Battlefield 2042 - Madden: Hi, I’m at a loss with this issue I am having. I’m posting on here in the hope that it might actually get somewhere. I’ve been having this issue for more than a year, for some reason I cannot...