Series X shows controller connected when it shouldn't.

Discus and support Series X shows controller connected when it shouldn't. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series X is showing that a headset is connected when it isn't. When I plug my headset in it shows as disconnected. This only happens when I use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OniKawazu, Dec 26, 2022.

1. OniKawazu
    OniKawazu Guest

My xbox series X is showing that a headset is connected when it isn't. When I plug my headset in it shows as disconnected. This only happens when I use the official controller that came with the console. I have tried reboot, power cycle, updating the controller, updating the console but nothing works.

:)

OniKawazu, Dec 26, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. OniKawazu Win User

Hello, thanks for the reply. The problem has been going on for a couple of months now and I didn't make any changes before hand. I don't use a headset much I didn't notice the exact date this problem started happening. I tried removing my profile and factory resetting but neither of these cured the problem.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello OniKawazu,

Thank you for waiting. Please perform the following suggestions.

Test the controller on your friends Xbox Console.

Test the controller using a wired or wireless set up.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello OniKawazu,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. It seems that you have a concern with the Xbox controller showing connected even though it isn't. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• When did the issue started?
    • What changes have you made before the issue appeared?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Remove and readd you profile

On Xbox consoles, removing profiles is easy because you don't have to sign in first. Here's how:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system, then Settings.
    3. Select Account > Remove accounts.
    4. Select a profile to remove, then select Remove.
    Add or remove an Xbox profile | Xbox Support

If issue persist, please perform a reset on the console while keeping your Games and Apps.

Warning Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with the Xbox network will be lost. Your console syncs with the Xbox network automatically when it’s connected with the service, so if you've been offline for a while, connect to the Xbox service before taking these steps.

If you're ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.
    3. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options
    • Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your first choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games and apps.
    How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Will the Xbox Wireless PC Adapters work for the next gen controllers?

Hi,

I can't see why not. After all, the Series X and S console support Xbox One controllers. That shows the way these new controllers connect hasn't changed. They should work on PC with the Wireless Adaptor.
Thema:

1. Series X shows controller connected when it shouldn't. - Similar Threads - Series shows controller

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  4. Xbox Series S dont showing up no Wi-Fi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S dont showing up no Wi-Fi: Hi, I recently moved out my old house and when I connected my Xbox it didn't show me any wireless network to connect, I've tried all the possible and imaginable solutions but it still doesn't work...
  5. My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.: My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is back and white. I tried everything to fix it but it isn't working. Kindly advise as what to do next. 7c93afc1-8d01-4e43-9874-bd362b3f542a
  6. Windows 10 not showing xbox series s as wireless display.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 not showing xbox series s as wireless display.: My xbox series s is not displaying as a wireless display on my windows 10 pc. Both devices are on the same wired network, and i have the wireless display app open on my xbox, but it still doesn't...
  7. Beta not showing on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Beta not showing on xbox series x: I'm trying to update my xbox to beta for a month and I already post it here but nobody responded and u deleted my post so I'm saying it again I'm now in delta in the insider program and I'm trying...
  8. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  9. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  10. My Xbox series X is on but not showing any display and controller are not connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X is on but not showing any display and controller are not connecting: The hdmi cables are in the right place. My screen is black. I just bought two days ago and all of a sudden this moring it dosent show any thing. ea71ada4-8b6a-44dc-bae7-51c580172e33