Series X repeatedly loses picture while everything else functions

Discus and support Series X repeatedly loses picture while everything else functions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've been trying to figure this out for months now and have come up empty handed. Heres what happens. Everything works perfectly as it should, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pete Maresco, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Pete Maresco
    Pete Maresco Guest

So I've been trying to figure this out for months now and have come up empty handed. Heres what happens.

Everything works perfectly as it should, and remains that way for a couple hours-ish. Then out of the blue, my TV screen goes black. Audio is still there, the game is still on and running, just no picture. It doesnt show a "No Signal" message or anything, its just like the screen went to sleep. I have to quickly hit the pause button, grab my tv remote, turn the TV off and back on again and the picture will come back. (this can be done in a matter of 5 seconds which is fine in single player stuff, but in MP anything, no bueno)... Sometimes it goes 5-10 min before happening again, sometimes less, but once it starts, it doesnt stop until I shut the XBOX down completely and boot it back up..

Its not the cable. I've used multiple cables, new and older.

Its not the input on the TV. I've tried them all, no difference.

Its not the TV in general. I have another series X that I'll use in place of it sometimes (it usually lives in my office). That machine can run constantly for 12+ hours without a hiccup. Using the same cable, same input on the same TV.

I've done all the recommended stuff I've found googling, disable CEC & other specific HD settings etc

So it is 100% the Xbox, but I dont know if anyone else has experienced this same issue and found a fix..

Any helpful insight would be appreciated.

:)

Pete Maresco, Oct 3, 2023
  2. Kelly Strout Win User

I have been having the same issue now for several weeks. Things work fine and then screen goes black. The biggest culprit is after I leave it off for a day or 2 and turn it on, there is no video signal. I can hear everything goin on in the background though. If I turn it of and go back a few hours later, it is 50/50 that there will be a video signal.
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Pete Maresco,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox Series X repeatedly losing picture while everything else functions. We completely understand that you have been trying to figure this out for months now and have come up empty-handed. We truly appreciate you for your time and effort for trying. I'll do my best to assist you with this.

In accordance with the description on this post, it seems that the issue is not with the cable, input on the TV, or the TV itself. It's possible that the issue is with the Xbox Series X itself. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

• Check for any available updates for your Xbox Series X. To do this, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update available. If there is an update available, download and install it.
    • Check the power settings on your Xbox Series X. To do this, go to Settings > General > Power mode & startup. Make sure that the "Power mode" is set to "Instant-on" and the "Turn off storage" option is set to "Never". This will ensure that your Xbox Series X is not going into standby mode and causing the issue.
    • Try resetting your Xbox Series X. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for about 10 seconds until it turns off. Then, wait for a few seconds and turn it back on.
    • If the issue persists, try performing a factory reset on your Xbox Series X. Please note that this will erase all data and settings on your console, so make sure to back up any important data before proceeding. To do this, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.

Note: Resetting your Xbox to factory settings while keeping your games and apps will remove all settings and data from your Xbox console, but it will not delete your games and apps. This means that you will need to set up your Xbox again as if it were new, but you will not need to reinstall your games and apps. However, it is always recommended to back up your important data before performing a factory reset.

If none of the above steps work, it's possible that there may be a hardware issue with your Xbox Series X. In this case, I would recommend contacting Xbox Support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more advanced troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Pete Maresco,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. cpjcutts Win User

Fortnite won’t load on Xbox series x

same here, its only Fortnite on the series X that is the issue. everything else works perfect
  6. Segomo Win User

We've lost your TV lineup Issue

Yeah I got the same message to try another TV, When I turned on the Xbox this morning I got the splash screen to set up my TV to watch tv which was strange!!!! How can it be the TV when everything else works on the TV and I have the Antenna
    coax connected to my TV and watching OTA. It's on Microsoft's end!! I bet they are not supporting OTA through the Xbox anymore due to the Series X is not going to have HDMI in and no OTA support. Probably just weening us off of watching TV through our Xbox
    which I am more than disappointed with!!!
    I really hope they don't discontinue OTA tuner support on the Series X. I plan on getting one to replace my Xbox One X. I can see not supporting HDMI input devices but the Series X will still have USB ports, so no reason to not support the OTA tuner (other
    than it's not a money maker). The primary function of my Xbox One S's are TV tuners with some streaming apps and gaming sprinkled in here and there so I would hate to lose that functionality.
Thema:

1. Series X repeatedly loses picture while everything else functions - Similar Threads - Series repeatedly loses

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Console Repeatedly Crashing while Loading Games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Console Repeatedly Crashing while Loading Games on Xbox Series X: Refurbished Series X console bought directly from MS just three months ago. Started with in-game video glitches and freezes on Battlefront 2 a couple of weeks ago. Developed into full crashes for...
  9. Starfield Crashes Repeatedly on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Starfield Crashes Repeatedly on Series S: Starfield crashes every 5 to 10 minutes on my series x. I bought the console in June and have had no issues with it. Sometimes it green screens and shuts down the entire system. I have to actually...
  10. xbox series x keeps turning off and on repeatedly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x keeps turning off and on repeatedly.: im having this very weird issue with my xbox series x. once i turn it on, after a couple of minutes it turns off and turns back on repeatedly for a couple of minutes. even after unplugging the...