Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

Discus and support Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrDr666, Jun 23, 2024 at 9:32 AM.

1. MrDr666
    MrDr666 Guest

Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the startup noise and symbol. Cut to the “your console shuts off to not over heat.” But not one time did i get a notification the console was hot.. ok so i check it out. Not really hot, but the hell do I know, right? So i unplug it, let it sit, clean it out with duster. Let it sit again. Turn it on, play the game. Hour into DayZ, black again. Thing shut down, but this time colder than the last.

Why wont i get a “hot” notification?

Why does it keep doing this?

Edit. Sorry, quick type picked two cusses and not “shut”.

:)

2. SwordofWhedon Win User

My XBOX SERIES X shuts off mid game while I am playing games Please help

Your system is shutting down to prevent data corruption after hitting an error

If you get no message about overheating, it's not an issue

High end electronics get hot, it is perfectly normal.Ever touch an incandescent light bulb? How hot those are? They use less than half the power of Series X
  3. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  4. scorpio1969-AF2E7154 Win User

Xbox One X Crashing During Multiplayer COD Matches

If your One X is completely shutting off, then I’ve had this happen to me a few times. If this is what’s happening to you, then it’s a bug in CoD (also happens in Borderlands 3 sometimes). I think it makes the One X think it is overheating. This causes the
    console to shut down. Just check to make sure the console isn’t too hot and reboot.
  5. Juxtapose13 Win User

Xbox One X Shut Itself Down

To confirm, you've had it randomly shut off on you, even if it hasn't been on long and doesn't seem to be overheating?
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Xbox One X Fan Noise

The Xbox One X will shut off should there be overheating, yes.
Thema:

1. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot. - Similar Threads - Series randomly Shut

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  4. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  5. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.: This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it...
  6. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  7. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  8. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  9. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay: So, here’s one I haven’t been able to find a solution for… As the title says, my Series X randomly shuts off only after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Literally. It is in shut down power mode, so...
  10. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....