Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

Discus and support Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Archeim, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Archeim
    Archeim Guest

This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is wired instead of wireless. Tried different HDMI cables, different HDMI port on TV, tried a system reset but keeping apps and games. Is my system dying?

:)

Archeim, Feb 7, 2024
  2. Herr Nerd Win User

Sony Bravia For Xbox Series X

That the Xbox Series X supports HDMI 2.1 doesn't mean your TV needs to support that too. You can user your old TV with the Series X for sure.
  3. JohnF1895 Win User

Xbox series X and LG C2 problems.

Update number 1, with a little more detail and the first failed solution attempt.

Hardware: Xbox series x, purchased brand new from retailer May 2023. LG television, 55 inch class 4k oled. Model OLED55C2PUA purchased new May 2023.

My issues include: Xbox powers up at 640 resolution on TV, x ox powers up and tv doesn't receive a signal from it, despite the TV activating when Xbox it turned on, signal drops out mid game with snow on screen like old school tv no channel snow, and when exiting a game to go back to the Xbox dashboard it loses signal. Unplugging and plugging back in the HDMI cable fixed the issue. Multiple cables and all HDMI ports were tried. Same conditions.

Attempt to fix 1: went with the optical HDMI cable mentioned earlier in this thread. This did not correct the disconnection/no signal issue. Therefore I can not recommend that as a solution.

HDMI repeater was suggested by another poster, that arrives today and will be trying that beginning tonight. The optical HDMI cable is not compatible with the repeater so I will be using top of the line HDMI cables. I will report back on the results.

For what it's worth, my series S has no problems connecting to the TV properly and does not lose signal.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Samsung TV wont work with HDR setting on - Xbox One S

The cable shouldn't be an issue...a HDMI cable capable of carrying a 4k signal should have no issues with HDR.

I assume you have tried the other 2 ports on your TV? I do say "other 2" knowing that if you have wall mounted your TV, the 3rd HDMI port basically becomes inaccessible due to how the TV was designed (The back of your TV is bizarrely desgined!)

I am not really an expert in either consoles or 4k TVs.....I do sometimes have the same thing happen where I lose the video signal but still have audio (happens on my Series X and my old One X) on my LG CX...but unplugging the HDMI from the TV and then pluggin it back in solves that.

I would check the console's video settings to make sure it doesn't have VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) switched on as your TV doesn't support it and it would cause issues but I suspect it won't be on
  5. ArminatorX Win User

4k from cable box through Xbox day one edition

The Xbox One doesn't directly pass through the HDMI signal. It always "intercepts" everything coming in from the HDMI in port and processes it.

Since the original idea was to have TV and games "picture in picture", the Xbox takes the video signal, and processes it to be included with the TV app on the console and then outputs it via it's own video signal to the TV.

Since the original Xbox One isn't 4K capable, you will not get 4K from your cable box if you run it through the original Xbox One.
  6. PaidRug7705432 Win User

Xbox One X 4K pass thru?

When you say 4K pass through, are you talking about a 4K source sending the TV signal to the Xbox and then to the TV? Or sending the Xbox1 X 4K signal to pass through a 4K receiver and then to the 4K TV?
Thema:

1. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv - Similar Threads - Series randomly doesn't

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  5. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  6. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.: This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it...
  7. Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly: My series S is constantly disconnecting from the wifi and whether the game is online or not it doesn't matter. I've reset the Mac address, checked NAT type, and I've restarted and unplugged it and...
  8. Xbox Series S Random Forever Shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Random Forever Shutdown: I’ve had my xbox series s for nearly 2 years. i keep it well cleaned and ventilated because I use it nearly every day I don’t leave it on overnight and sometimes I use it for long periods of time....
  9. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  10. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...: I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I would be using it for various games....