Series x powers off instantly.

Discus and support Series x powers off instantly. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I go to turn on my Xbox, the chime will sound, and the light comes on and then it instantly goes back off. I’ve unhooked it from the power I’ve... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Th3angularDucK, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Series x powers off instantly.

When I go to turn on my Xbox, the chime will sound, and the light comes on and then it instantly goes back off. I’ve unhooked it from the power I’ve tried different power outlets. It’s the original cord. I tried all the troubleshooting steps for anything that could relate to my issue there’s no physical damage or no water damage, not sure what the deal is

:)

Th3angularDucK, Jul 30, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor here to help you with your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information and I apologize for the trouble. You seem to have performed all the necessary steps.

Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues as well.
  3. JSM100-[xboxvenue] Win User

Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off

UPDATE: Still no success, fitted the original suspected to be faulty power supply into the console and again no change. After leaving it for about a week i thought id give it a try powering it up and then suddenly BOOM the blasted thing is working again.
    Decided to factory reset the console and used it for the night to watch some tv to see how long it would last. was fine anyways for about 6 hours before i shut it down. Tried again the day after and back to it not working what so ever. Im so confused any more
    ideas?
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I’ll give that a try in the morning, I just find it strange that it was working most of today without any issues, and yeah sorry I meant to say the internal power supply. Just use to saying power pack.

Cheers
    Thanks for reply. Another thing to check is the setting in Power mode.

If set to Instant on try Energy save mode.

Also make sure the console is well ventilated as it may be shutting down if it gets overheated. See Console ventilation
  5. Koods Win User

What I would suggest is that I'd check out www.support.xbox.com to see if there are any known issues there which might be applicable & in a worst case scenario if it's still under warranty that's also where you can start the RMA process to get it repaired!
  6. JSM100-[xboxvenue] Win User

An internal stamp on the console has 26th of November 2017. The console was bought second hand in June and worked perfectly for a large duration of the time I have owned it.
Thema:

1. Series x powers off instantly. - Similar Threads - Series powers off

2. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  3. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  4. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  5. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  6. Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off: I just got a brand new Xbox Series X from Microsoft on February 8th, my console has been acting up and at random times shutting off. I tried to confirm it was the outlet and I tested out different...
  7. Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.: I have an Xbox Series S, and recently it began having a severe issue making the console completely unusable. I connect the power cable to the wall, and a good confirmed working HDMI cable to the...
  8. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  9. Xbox x series crashing or powering off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox x series crashing or powering off: Hi i am playing a game and randomly the game crashes it happens on multiple games my xbox is a series x Its been happening for over a Year 139d538a-e9f4-4f8a-beaa-8841b172d45f
  10. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...