Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update

Discus and support Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ever since the most recent Alpha Skip Ahead update the fan speed remains at it's idol speed. The fan speed controller no longer gets told to increase... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/barrdoo, May 9, 2024.

1. /u/barrdoo
    /u/barrdoo Guest

Ever since the most recent Alpha Skip Ahead update the fan speed remains at it's idol speed. The fan speed controller no longer gets told to increase fan speed as the need arises. Could also be the thermal control switch not sending the command. I factory reset my Series X fan works great rejoin on Alpha Skip Ahead and stops working again ruling out any hardware issues.

submitted by /u/barrdoo
    [link] [comments]

/u/barrdoo, May 9, 2024
  2. Mornstar8 Win User

NAT Type: Unavailable

it's been fixed as of the last alpha skip ahead update!!!
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

What do you think about new, experimental dashboard?

In the alpha skip ahead, still no update. "Alpha Skip Ahead" clearly means something else... :')
  4. Crooked Delight Win User

Okay please read the whole paragraph before reply, this issue is very funky and specific.

Test aborted to tomorrow.

Alpha Skip Ahead Update is causing the X to whine a bit more than usual.

This is frustrating.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

august xbox 2020 update

The new update is only out for some Alpha & Alpha skip ahead insiders at the moment.

If you're in the Omega ring then you'll probably be the last ring to get the update before it's released to everyone.
  6. unitr0n1c Win User

Hulu crashing

Same problem for me. Series X, Alpha Skip Ahead. As soon as an Hulu tries to load an ad, it crashes to the dashboard. I have reported it through the console too.
Thema:

1. Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update - Similar Threads - Series overheating last

2. How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!: I have an Xbox Series X with an overheating problem, it regularly turns off and won't turn back on unless I leave it unplugged overnight. A similar issue occurred when I first bought it 9 months...
  3. My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me: My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me 409112b8-8d28-4d74-9da1-4f5dedcc9f85
  4. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  5. My Xbox series s is overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is overheating: While playing starfield after an hour or two my series s crashes out and the console is very hot to the touch what options would be best to remedy this? 2324ddb9-9967-4e42-85f7-74de6d82ae2c
  6. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  7. My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...: Is there anything I could do to fix this 4dadb505-e7b6-4ab3-b382-1c1cda309b61
  8. Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online: My Xbox series x has recently started shutting down in the middle of playing mw2 online and when I turn it back on I get a message saying my console is overheating. I bought a external cooling fan...
  9. my Xbox series s is instantly overheating not when I turn it on but as soon as I load up a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series s is instantly overheating not when I turn it on but as soon as I load up a...: within 10 seconds it instantly overheats as soon as I load up a game 3935e64c-7879-436d-af6c-e1b0821607c4
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...