Series X often hanging on boot

Discus and support Series X often hanging on boot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Series X has been hanging on the Xbox boot screen, a lot more often recently. It can happen when I start the console from my controller and also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by djshep1973, Oct 25, 2023.

1. djshep1973
    djshep1973 Guest

My Series X has been hanging on the Xbox boot screen, a lot more often recently. It can happen when I start the console from my controller and also when powering up via the Xbox button the console. For clarification, the boot screen is not frozen, as it is still animating, just stuck in a loop.

The only way I can get past the boot screen is to hold down the Xbox button on the console for a few seconds, then I hear the ‘shutdown’ chime and it powers off. The next time I boot, it usually works normally. As this is happening at least a couple of times a week now, I’m getting concerned. Are there any known issues with the current OS update (I’m not on any insider rings), or is the issue more likely something to do with my console?

:)

djshep1973, Oct 25, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series X console. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

There seems to be no known issue with the current update or service outages from the Xbox Live Server. This could be an issue with your console software.

Kindly try to perform a factory reset keep my games and apps. Here's how:

To reset your console without losing your game data, follow these steps:​​​​​

Note: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

Nothing to worry, no data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select Console info
    5. Select Reset console.
    6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly. Once you're done, try to check if you will still experience the same issues.

You may also check this link for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-my-xbox/e1572300-2551-40db-9b9d-4a2d944ffda8

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. CraigAmation983 Win User

Xbox 360 login problem 80151103

Hang on it's done it now on my 360.

So delete profile on series x for 360 then go on a 360 game on series x or xbox one let it do it itself. Go on to your Xbox 360 and then boom it's done it
  4. GlitchMasterEh Win User

Who still play on the Original Xbox one?

I do! Got the Halo 5 Guardian's LE console. Just hanging tight til the Series X comes out, then I'll upgrade and probably sell off my Xbox One.
  5. StarImpact1 Win User

Stuck installing instead of downloading or install stopped only Series X and S

I've seem to have nothing but issues with the Series S and X this year few months back the store kept updating every few hrs and at K/Bs, my game collection just hangs and shows no games, the system menus also hang its like its windows 98 again lol.

I downloaded Warzone on PS5 in 1hr 20mins after 5hrs on Xbox series X I got 20GB.

Downloaded the new update full factory reset and the system is now even more laggy :s
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

PC Xbox App not recognising Game Pass Ultimate Sub

The companion app does not work indeed with the new gen :/ Series S or X. Just for the old gen. :/

Will do mate, hang tight, do not close this page.

Have a great day/night.

Cheers.
Thema:

1. Series X often hanging on boot - Similar Threads - Series often hanging

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  10. Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...: Hi all, I have been thoroughly enjoying STARFIELD on my Series S but I am getting really fed up with all the crashes. I've applied all the recommendations on the Bethesda site and still having...