Series X / Monitor Issues

Discus and support Series X / Monitor Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got a second Series X for our house, and picked up my first gaming monitor for it. I admit that I don’t have anything above basic knowledge... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gary Bratton, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Gary Bratton
    Gary Bratton Guest

I recently got a second Series X for our house, and picked up my first gaming monitor for it. I admit that I don’t have anything above basic knowledge about this stuff, but the monitor looks to be a 1440p / 165hz panel. However, I can’t get my Series X to go past 1080p / 120hz. When I try selecting 1440p as the resolution, it pops up saying that it isn’t supported.

The monitor is a KTC H32S17. Was I mistaken in thinking that 1440p / 120 would be possible on this one, or am I doing something wrong?

:)

Gary Bratton, Mar 15, 2024
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  3. JS92 Win User

Does the series x support 1440p 144/155 refresh rate?

The Xbox Series X will do 120Hz but no more, regardless of resolution or monitor.

I would check to see if other Xbox Series X owners have confirmed to achieve 1440p120Hz on those monitors before purchasing.

Maybe a google of "xbox series x 1440p 120hz ___________ " and insert the monitor model to see if people have posted about their monitor and Series X working.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

In that case I highly recommend you see the monitor/TV in action with the console. That way you can verify that the monitor does support 120Hz on the Series X.

The Rtings website's reviews of Series X compatible monitors is a great way to start your search. These are professional TV/monitor reviewers, they test everything!
  5. KingRouge Win User

Xbox App freezes or black screens when streaming from Xbox Series X

I'm sorry. I am a bit confused by your question. I am using the Xbox App to stream from my Xbox Series X through the Xbox App to my PC using the function in the App that I have circled here.

[​IMG]

I've done this without issue with an Xbox One, with the old Console Companion App, and for a short time with the Xbox Series X before the freezing issues began.

As some additional information, I use my monitor both for my PC and for my Series X so both machines are plugged into the monitor. Could the freezing issues be caused by using a monitor hooked up to my PC to stream the Series X but the Series X is also hooked up to the monitor already?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

HDMI Xbox Series S/X

Hi,

There is more than enough bandwidth for 1440P @120Hz with HDR on an HDMI 2.0 Monitor. On the current consoles Microsoft decided to lock HDR to 4K displays, but with the Series S that won't be an issue anymore.

HDMI standards are backwards compatible, so you won't need an HDMI 2.1 compliant Monitor to use Series X or S on an older monitor or TV that only has HDMI 2.0.

Xbox One X and S can be very fussy when it comes to full monitor support. But if you bought a monitor that fully supports the Xbox One X then it should support the same features on a Series X/S.

My advice would be to check reviews of monitors actually running on the current consoles with 120Hz support. There are loads of videos on YouTube. Just looking at the specs on a website may not be enough.
Thema:

1. Series X / Monitor Issues - Similar Threads - Series Monitor Issues

2. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  3. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  4. I have a monitor that supports 4K 144 hz but my Xbox series x doesn’t support it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a monitor that supports 4K 144 hz but my Xbox series x doesn’t support it: Recently I got my Xbox Series X. I plugged it into my TV and it allows 4K 120 fps. When I connect it to my monitor, it doesn’t work. It says my monitor is not compatible with 120 fps and 4K. My...
  5. Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?: I want to connect my xbox series s (i am getting soon) to my macbook air M1 2020, but when i did research it said that i couldn’t connect an xbox series s to my macbook but also gave me an option...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  7. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  8. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  9. Weird Monitor/Xbox Series X Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Monitor/Xbox Series X Issue: I recently bought a new a new monitor and every time I press the middle button or go to send a chat in CoD MW3, my screen turns black for about less than 3-4 seconds and audio cuts out. I have...
  10. 144hz issue (Xbox series s) Lenovo monitor

in XboX Insiders
    144hz issue (Xbox series s) Lenovo monitor: I have the Lenovo g24-10. I've recently bought an Xbox series s and I realised I'm only running 60fps, I checked the monitor settings and it says I'm only running 60hz! I have no pc to change the...