Series x keeps resetting with new monitor

Discus and support Series x keeps resetting with new monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a new monitor and I have decided to plug my Xbox series x into it to use instead of a tv. However every time I turn on my Xbox it resets... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chris Brescacin, May 19, 2023.

1. Series x keeps resetting with new monitor

I just bought a new monitor and I have decided to plug my Xbox series x into it to use instead of a tv. However every time I turn on my Xbox it resets and I have to sign into all of my Netflix accounts over and over. Is there a way I can prevent the console from resetting each time?

:)

Chris Brescacin, May 19, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Chris! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Hmm that is so weird, a new output device should have nothing to do with the software malfunctioning.

Let´s first perform a full power cycle

Full Power Cycle

Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

Once the lights on the front of the console, unplug the power cable from the rear of the console.

Wait at least 1 minute

Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.

After that test your console again
  3. Thomas Cotton Win User

My Xbox series X is no longer connecting to my internet.

The Xbox factory reset on the series X still did not work, it wouldn’t connect to the network. I connected my original Xbox one (2014) back up to my monitor and I was able to play online games just fine on there, same Microsoft account and internet that the series X was not connecting too. My Xbox series x keeps saying it has a hardware issue when trying to connect the internet, I’m pretty sure this proves it’s a physical problem with the hardware on my Xbox. I still have warranty on it and can return it and trade in for a new one. I’ll try doing this and seeing if the trade in one works.
  4. JS92 Win User

Does the series x support 1440p 144/155 refresh rate?

The Xbox Series X will do 120Hz but no more, regardless of resolution or monitor.

I would check to see if other Xbox Series X owners have confirmed to achieve 1440p120Hz on those monitors before purchasing.

Maybe a google of "xbox series x 1440p 120hz ___________ " and insert the monitor model to see if people have posted about their monitor and Series X working.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

In that case I highly recommend you see the monitor/TV in action with the console. That way you can verify that the monitor does support 120Hz on the Series X.

The Rtings website's reviews of Series X compatible monitors is a great way to start your search. These are professional TV/monitor reviewers, they test everything!
  6. Simon Ralph Win User

Xbox series s- huge input delay 2022

My input delay has gone I’m pretty sure. I used the power cable from series s and put it in my series x. I also changed my monitor settings and I think this worked. I hard reset my monitor and more options came up for some reason. Very strange
Thema:

1. Series x keeps resetting with new monitor - Similar Threads - Series keeps resetting

2. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  3. Xbox Series X keeps needing to be reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X keeps needing to be reset: My Xbox Series X had suddenly started telling me that it doesn’t have enough space to sync my game data; the only way I’ve found to fix the issue is to reset the console (keeping my games and...
  4. Xbox series s. Keeps making the on noise twice. Then troubleshooting screen. Then resets to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s. Keeps making the on noise twice. Then troubleshooting screen. Then resets to...: When ever I turn my xbox on it makes the usual noise. After a few seconds it repeats the noise and then the troubleshooter screen comes on. I then attempted this and nothing but blank screen. I...
  5. Xbox series X keeps kicking me from games and resetting why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X keeps kicking me from games and resetting why?: My Xbox series x console keeps kicking me out of every game and into the home screen. Sometimes after kicks you out of the game and put you back to the home screen it then resets itself it powers...
  6. My xbox series s keeps freezing after the reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s keeps freezing after the reset: Xbox one s, keeps freezing after hard reset 20c5b7b7-47e1-4f05-93b0-9162f851df7f
  7. Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...: So I can't play any game right now because of error 0x87e50033, and it seems like the only solution for this is a factory reset. If I do this and select "keep the game files", does it keep the...
  8. External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps)

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps): Hello. I've had my external hard drive since I got the xbox one a year after it originally released. I got the series x and I've had no problems with my external hard drive. I was having...
  9. Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?: Im not sure this is happening I turn it on/off normally and I’ve only had it for 10 days. So I just turned on my Xbox and it says set up with the Xbox app. 3b7d6936-51d5-4215-8a8b-ba3c61eeb5fa
  10. My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...

in XBoX on Windows
    My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...: Xbox series x keeps disconnecting everything and going to green screen have done everything I can to fix but still there I can't even play a game anymore 23d0b100-99e8-4489-8944-0b1d49892c68