Series x isn't recognizing right joystick

Discus and support Series x isn't recognizing right joystick in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; will not work on home screen but will work in games for multiple controllers tried all power cycles update if i switch the controller mappping it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GHOST197430, Jan 3, 2024.

1. GHOST197430
    GHOST197430 Guest

will not work on home screen but will work in games for multiple controllers tried all power cycles update if i switch the controller mappping it reconizes the right but not the left

:)

GHOST197430, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi GHOST197430, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, connect it via the USB cable and let me know if it works.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

I appreciate the update. In this case, please keep the console unplugged for 2 hours before trying it out again.
  4. SydneyC711 Win User

I do have an external hard drive so I unplugged it, powercycled again, kept it unplugged and still having the joystick issue.
  5. Francia J. Win User

If it's working just fine when you test the controllers, it means there is nothing wrong with them.

Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? Also, keyboard and mouse? If yes, kindly unplug them all together then perform a powercycle before trying again. Keep them all unplugged.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Have you tried to connect it using a wired cable?
Thema:

1. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick - Similar Threads - Series isn't recognizing

2. My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.: My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is back and white. I tried everything to fix it but it isn't working. Kindly advise as what to do next. 7c93afc1-8d01-4e43-9874-bd362b3f542a
  3. My mic isn't working on my new xbox series S.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My mic isn't working on my new xbox series S.: I can still hear others but my mic won't work. I have tried all the usual fixes I have found online and none of them work. I have also made sure the privacy settings are as they should be but...
  4. My Xbox series x isn't connecting to my WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x isn't connecting to my WiFi: My Xbox series x keeps saying dns isn't resolving Xbox server names b1062e3b-ca1d-480c-afd0-de10335300de
  5. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  6. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  7. My series s isn't working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series s isn't working: when I press the power button it lights up but nothing happens and after a while it turns off. I've only owned this console for a year and I have kept it in good condition, it was working normally...
  8. My series X isn't powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series X isn't powering on: I've had my series X since launch, played it 1 day ago, turned it off normally and went to bed, the next day i try to turn it on with a connected controller and doesn't work, and the power button...
  9. Hi there my Xbox series s isn't connecting to my wireless wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there my Xbox series s isn't connecting to my wireless wifi network: I had bought my Xbox series s in Spain in July but then I came to the uk the same day that I came to the uk I tried connecting my wireless wifi it wasn't showing first at all but then I cleared...
  10. Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers: Did multiple power-cycles, just completed a reset as well as power-cycling the controllers as well. Nothing has worked, and they stopped working mid-online match....