Series x is shutting off as soon as i turn it on.

Discus and support Series x is shutting off as soon as i turn it on. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got the series x two days ago and got it running as soon as I got it but it automatically shut off last night and now when I go to turn it on it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nope_30, Dec 12, 2021.

1. nope_30
    nope_30 Guest

Just got the series x two days ago and got it running as soon as I got it but it automatically shut off last night and now when I go to turn it on it automatically shuts itself off before I can do anything. Is there a setting that I can change from the app or a way to factory reset the console without having to turn it on as the console wont stay on long enough to do it through the settings.

:)

nope_30, Dec 12, 2021
  2. Jamie1993 Win User

Can you try unplugging the external hard drive and try turning it on
  3. nope_30 Win User

I switched my plug from the surge protector it was in to the wall outlet directly. That didn't resolve the issue. I also have an external mechanical hard drive from my xbox one plugged in.
  4. Jamie1993 Win User

Hello, I´m Jamie. an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Can you confirm if you have the power supply plugged directly into the wall socket and also is there anything connected to the USB ports?

Thanks

Jamie
  5. lacurra-05E83527-5E6 Win User

My games are not downloading when I turn the Xbox off and instant mode is on

I'm having the same issue but with my series X. Downloads fine while on but as soon as i turn it off (in instant on mode) everything stops
  6. alexkatbat Win User

“Save games are still uploading on another Xbox” Error

Thanks for your reply!

I had shut off my Series X last night to come back to the issue today, and it turns out that’s all that was needed to resolve the error. Figures turning it off and back on again was the solution

Thanks again!
Thema:

1. Series x is shutting off as soon as i turn it on. - Similar Threads - Series shutting off

2. My Xbox Series controller shuts off when I squeeze it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series controller shuts off when I squeeze it.: I ordered my console via Amazon back in January, and I've noticed this issue since I got it. It replaced an early model Xbox One with the older controllers, which I never had an issue with. It's...
  3. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  4. Why is my series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series x shutting off: whenever I play rainbow six seige the console just shuts off randomly I spent way to much for the console to not run properly and I have tried all the trouble shoot methods it just really...
  5. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  6. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  7. My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.: I try playing games but the power shuts off randomly. I’ve seen others posts about the Xbox One X but I haven’t seen any for the original ones. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
  8. Xbox series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x shutting off: My Xbox has been randomly shutting completely off on its own. Tried to reset the whole Xbox without removing games didn’t work . Now reset it completely taking everything off and it’s worse trying...
  9. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  10. Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together: Found myself at a closed thread with no step in solution from microsoft, so thought I'd get a fresh one started. I have a box that is doing this exact issue, even after maintenancing the internal...