Series X grey screen/ no output

Discus and support Series X grey screen/ no output in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Series X has had repeated warranty returns for video output failure, when I switch it on it just shows a grey screen with a pink line down the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by neil watson3, Aug 24, 2023.

1. neil watson3
    neil watson3 Guest

My Series X has had repeated warranty returns for video output failure, when I switch it on it just shows a grey screen with a pink line down the centre, I only got it back from repair last week and it's gone again, I'm sick of it. Does anyone know what the fault is? I have tried the low resolution restart etc but I just get a low resolution grey screen, pictures attached. I'm losing patience, 3 repairs and it's still happening, I'm having a nightmare trying to contact xbox and according to my online account the X is out of warranty, even though I have only had it 8 months and the last agent I spoke to said it was still under warranty until the end of December
    Series X grey screen/ no output [​IMG]

:)

neil watson3, Aug 24, 2023
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hello Neil how are you?

My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant.

You really need to get in touch with support, your console is very bad, you need to press it so you can receive another one because you don't have conditions.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox series X grey screen

Hello MAGALI CABROL,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X. A grey screen issue can be caused by a variety of factors, including a faulty HDMI cable, incorrect display settings, or a problem with the console's hardware. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Do you mind providing us a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal your personal information like gamertag, email account and full name.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your HDMI cable: Make sure that your HDMI cable is properly connected to both your Xbox Series X and your TV or monitor. Try using a different HDMI cable to see if that resolves the issue. Also, can you try different TV to see if issue opersist?

2. Check your display settings: Go to Settings > General > TV & display options and make sure that your display settings are configured correctly. You may need to adjust the resolution or refresh rate to match your TV or monitor.

3. Restart your console: Try restarting your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then turn it back on again.

4. Reset your console: If the issue persists, you may need to reset your Xbox Series X to its factory settings. Go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console and choose the option to reset your console while keeping your games and apps.

We look forward to your update.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox series X grey screen

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Time Etranger Win User

Series X Grey Tiles on Home Screen

Everything seems to be working just fine. I just found it odd how some games were displaying these grey tiles while others are not. I guess I'll have to see if a future update fixes it.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Series X Grey Tiles on Home Screen

Hello again, thanks for the feedback, and that's really weird, if the full reset didn't solve the issue, it might be some bug that came in the last update.

However does this affect gameplay in any way, or navigation in console menus?
Thema:

1. Series X grey screen/ no output - Similar Threads - Series grey screen

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  4. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  5. Xbox Series X: GTA 5 'Vehicle Organization' greyed out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X: GTA 5 'Vehicle Organization' greyed out: I've read the new 'Vehicle Organization' option is only available for next gen & I have one but for some reason it's greyed out & I can't figure out why? Anyone know?...
  6. Party/game audio mixer greyed out Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party/game audio mixer greyed out Xbox series x: I recently got my xbox series x, I have a turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 headset that I've been using on my previous Xbox one s. I have paired it with my xbox x but the volume for party and game...
  7. Xbox series X grey screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X grey screen: Hi i see all in grey on my Xbox series X everything is grey I can play but all the games are grey all are grey but all work I just doesn’t have color on my Xbox X so can someone help me...
  8. Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X?: I have a Sceptre monitor (E275B-QPN168) that supports 1440p resolution and 120 hz refresh rate and when I go into videos setting for my Series X Xbox the option for "Allow Variable Refresh Rate"...
  9. Xbox Series X "Invite to game" greyed out.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X "Invite to game" greyed out.: My "invite to game" is greyed out when in a party. Tried NAT settings, reset the Xbox, signed out/in, reset modem and router, hard reset the Xbox. Still greyed out. Any help would be greatly...
  10. VRR GREYED OUT ON MY XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX on Consoles
    VRR GREYED OUT ON MY XBOX SERIES X: having issues with turning on the VRR on my gaming tv vizio v series 100% supports vrr matter fact i had it on last night but when i turned it on this morning it was greyd out! I still have the...