Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

Discus and support Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kuxioa, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Kuxioa
    Kuxioa Guest

Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive tried resetting console and resolution, it does this randomly. Not sure what to do fo fix this but it's never did this on my Xbox One S.

:)

Kuxioa, Sep 17, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi Kuxioa,

Thank you for waiting.

After further consultation and research, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. Kuxioa Win User

My monitor is a ASUS VG279Q. I use the HDMI cable that came with the Series X but on my old xbox I used my monitor HDMI cable and had no problems with VRR. I dont have options to enable any of the features you have listed above and my Xbox is up to date.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Kuxioa,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X. Based on the information you've provided, it seems like the issue might be related to the VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) setting on your console.

To better assist you, I would like to ask you a few questions:

- What is the model and brand of your TV or monitor?

- What is the HDMI cable that you are using to connect your Xbox Series X to your TV or monitor?

- Have you tried updating your TV or monitor firmware to the latest version?

- Have you tried changing the HDMI port on your TV or monitor?

- Have you tried disabling any other video settings on your Xbox Series X, such as HDR10, Dolby Vision, or Auto Low Latency Mode?

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Turn off VRR: Go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow variable refresh rate and turn it off.

2. Check for updates: Make sure your console is up to date with the latest software updates. Go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update available and follow the on-screen instructions to update your console.

3. Check your HDMI cable: Make sure your HDMI cable is properly connected and supports the HDMI 2.1 standard.

4. Try a different TV or monitor: If possible, try connecting your console to a different TV or monitor to see if the issue persists.

Also check:

Video on Xbox is stuttering | Xbox Support

How to change the TV display settings on your Xbox | Xbox Support

If none of these steps resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Xbox Support for further assistance.
  5. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  6. CyTeK1978 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
Thema:

1. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button - Similar Threads - Series goes black

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Xbox series x all bandwidt goes to download.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x all bandwidt goes to download.: Hi, I have an xbox series x and when i download or update a game, all other activites that works with internet goes very very slow. Like marketplace opening, and showing a picture of a game. Also...
  6. My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings...: So today once I turned on console Xbox series S it went like on power saving mode straight away. Tv is working fine. Issue is the console, as soon I switch it on after restart its bright normal...
  7. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  8. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  9. Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps: Xbox screen goes fuzzy when switching to 120 fps. I have a 144hz monitor. It used to work fine but then all of sudden stopped working. Any help? e1df634f-c6ee-4ebd-8373-080adb1b5290
  10. Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes...: As question states, I purchased the Series S|X upgrade dlc for THPS and The Outer Worlds, but the Series S|X versions do not show in my Library. I’m required to endlessly search the MS Store to...