Series X DVD Stutter Playback

Discus and support Series X DVD Stutter Playback in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Having an issue where the picture stutters on playback (audio is fine) on a standard DVD (Not blu ray) Using included HDMI, and console is only a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tommy Stanton-Cole, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Series X DVD Stutter Playback

Having an issue where the picture stutters on playback (audio is fine) on a standard DVD (Not blu ray)

Using included HDMI, and console is only a couple of weeks old. TV is 4K60hz.

Works perfectly fine on the PS4 with the same setup

:)

Tommy Stanton-Cole, Jan 25, 2022
  2. XBF-Spartan Win User

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! Is the stuttering happening at a certain point or through the entire movie? Also are the DVDs store bought or are they homemade DVDs?
  3. Rick Rorschach Win User

Xbox one stuttering DVD playback

well, Mike Ybarra is aware of the problem..

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/685183761089040384

I can't say if an update is coming soon, but at least you know that xbox is aware of the stuttering

you could also try the solutions mentioned on this page

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/stuttering-video
  4. DETigger Win User

XB1 drive does not play blue-ray

That's how I got DVD playback working. But still no blueray playback
  5. ChromeMud Win User

Xbox Series X will not output DTS Digital Surround from DVD's

I agree with your testing on the Xbox Series X.

I too have tested playing "Red Dragon" dvd with DTS soundtrack and despite all the options within the settings it gets transcoded to Dolby 5.1. It's very disappointing. I can only advise you to not use Xbox to play movies if you want to get the most quality from dvd movie playback.

Despite all the power that this new console has it's further behind in terms of compatibility.
  6. The Evil Joker6 Win User

XBOX DVD playback kit

You would need the Xbox DVD Playback kit to play DVDs on the Orginial Xbox System.
Thema:

1. Series X DVD Stutter Playback - Similar Threads - Series DVD Stutter

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?: I have a quick question. Is it possible to play DVD -r type discs on my Series X? I'm not playing anything illegal, just old wrestling shows. I know that they're not the same as a typical DVD, I...
  9. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  10. My Xbox controller won’t control DVD’s on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t control DVD’s on my Xbox Series X: I have a few DVD games like Scene it and a few others that I’ve always been able to play just fine on my Xbox series X until recently. Now whenever I open the DVD, it will go to the main menu but...