Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV

Discus and support Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have a setup which works fine with Dolby Atmos from netflix or any other app that supports Atmos (like Disney+) for example...but not on the Xbox.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Müllered✔, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Müllered✔
    Müllered✔ Guest

Hi I have a setup which works fine with Dolby Atmos from netflix or any other app that supports Atmos (like Disney+) for example...but not on the Xbox. Despite option being enabled there is no sound in games or in the menu...however when I run the Dolby App and run any of the demos in it then it works , but only in that application. it was working before fine with LG TV Nano867NA...and now i have Phillips OLED 708/12 Is there anything I might try ? Xbox is connected -120 Hz HDMI port on TV , TV ist connected with 120 HZ ARC/EARC HDMI 2,1 to Dolby Atmos Home Theater LG GX, Audio pass-through is enabled...for whatever reason Xbox is very selective when it runs Atmos for me.. P.S. DTS X is working fine ... with Sound Delay. When i try to switch many times trough DTSX and Dolby Atmos - Atmos works but i have to do that 15-20 or more times.

:)

Müllered✔, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Kmill85 Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

It's definitely not an AV issue. If you take a minute to type the issue into google search drive you'll find all different dolby atmos setups with different sound systems and Tv's that are very capable of providing dolby atmos and you'll find they all have the same issue with no solution.

I have the latest LG G1 OLED with the latest SP11RA dolby atmos soundbar with the same issue. the games are unplayable in Dolby atmos due to the delay. I have it changed to 7.1 for gaming, but I purchased the system to play dolby atmos gaming.
  3. AndriySemenyuk Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have had the same issue with Netflix and Apple TV (a few months), no Dolby Atmos, although there is a label Dolby Atmos at the title and chosen track with Dolby Atmos in the application. My AVR shows a PCM input signal for this application.

My setup is: Xbox Series X - Denon AVR X3700H - TV Samsung 75Q80T
  4. Geri M. Win User

Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

Hello AnchelLabena,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Forum.

We are sorry to hear that you’re experiencing audio delay when using Dolby Atmos for Home Cinema on your Xbox Series X with LG OLED C2 TV and Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar.

We've found similar issues with LG OLED and LG Atmos soundbar (with rear speakers) and used an earc extractor (4k Dolby Atmos compatible) which completely solved the problem. You pass the audio HDMI earc out from the TV through the extractor and into the HDMI in of your sound bar.

Another user, states having delays using the Xbox Series X with Dolby Atmos games and apps such as Youtube and Gears 5 but NOT from the Dolby Atmos app’s demos. The Xbox is connected directly to their LG BX TV via the HDMI 2.1 and using eARC > ARC on their Onkyo TX-NR656. The TV’s apps do not cause this delay using Atmos, and the Dolby App on the Xbox.

We also found an explanation from another that the delay exists because natively, surround audio from a gaming console is in LPCM. To output a bit streaming format (or in this case a proprietary PCM codec like DOLBY MAT 2.0) it has to re-encode the audio real-time which introduces delay. And keep in mind ONLY a very select few games are in Atmos.

It's good to know that connecting the Series X directly to the soundbar works just fine and Atmos content will play as intended with no delay. However, this causes a loss in other features such as VRR, 120 Hz and more due to the soundbar not supporting all HDMI 2.1 features.

We understand that you want to do the setup with the console connected directly to the TV, as should be intended. We hope that the information we provided is helpful.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  5. AttiKovacs Win User

Dolby Atmos and 4K

Thank you for replying.

LG 65 inch OLED C9.

Soundbar Samsung HW 950. Both support Dolby Atmos.

Currently, the console is plugged into the TV via HDMI. Then the soundbar receives the sound via eARC.

Apple TV is configured the same way. Dolby Atmos works fine.

TV configured at 60 HZ, 30 bits per pixel.

I am not part of the Insiders Program, would it be worth enrolling?

4K HDMI cable, the same type of cable to Apple TV. Dolby Atmos works just fine.

Cheers.
  6. TimL1974 Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I'm having the same issue. The program page says Atmos but my receiver is only getting a Dolby Surround signal (not DD+ which would indicate Atmos).

Not sure if its connected, but the Apple TV+ app on the Series X has also stopped outputting Atmos the last few months. So maybe its a more general Series X Atmos bug. Still works fine on Prime and Disney +.
Thema:

1. Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV - Similar Threads - Series Dolby Atmos

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  4. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  5. Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X: Hello, I tried researching this topic and root causing my issue but I'm still not able to hear audio when I set my receiver to Dolby Atmos. I have a new Denon receiver (AVR-S760S) and an Xnoc...
  6. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  7. Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays: My receiver tells me the audio format that it is receiving from components. It says Dolby Atmos from my Xbox Series X when I play games and stream Netflix. However, when I put in a 4k Bluray and...
  8. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...
  9. Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s: Hi, I’m just bought the xbox series s, my tv and sound bar is support Dolby atmos. Sound bar is sonos ARC plug with hdmi arc port at tv. I have try to select dolby atmos for home theater (hdmi...
  10. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...