Series X detecting a headset when there isn't a headset connected

Discus and support Series X detecting a headset when there isn't a headset connected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I turned on my xbox today to find that my sound wasn't working properly and then noticed the hedset icon was up in the upper right corner. I don't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BluddyCarnage, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Series X detecting a headset when there isn't a headset connected

So I turned on my xbox today to find that my sound wasn't working properly and then noticed the hedset icon was up in the upper right corner. I don't have a headset connected so I checked the audio settings and noticed the hdmi audio was set to "stereo uncompressed" so I changed it back to "Dolby digital" and it imediately went back to "stereo uncompressed". I then noticed that it says "all audio is optimised for headsets rightnow. Once you unplug your headset, it'll go back to normal". THERE IS NO HEASET PLUGGED INTO MY XBOX! What do I do?!! I want my dolby digital so i can get my surround sound back. And don't say use Dolby Atmos because it is garbage compared to dolby digital surround. Besides, It was warkoing just fine last night.

:)

BluddyCarnage, Feb 17, 2022
  2. XBF - Amory Win User

Have you tried rebooting or power cycling your Xbox console? Ideally, that should clear up buggy items that are stuck in the console's cache. If that doesn't work, double check your set up and see if there isn't a rogue controller somewhere in the area that has headphones plugged into it.

And also, definitely let us know how that goes.
  3. XBF Ruben D Win User

Headset won't work

Hello there,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. Just to clarify, have you tried to update the controller, or connect the controller to the Xbox One with a USB cable? When you connect the headset to the new controller does the controller detect the headset and
    there just isn't any sound coming out of the headset? or does the controller not detect the headset at all for either controller? Does the headset work on other devices?

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting me know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
  4. Dylan B2 Win User

My Arctis Nova 7x Wireless connects to my PC but not my Xbox One

Hi there,

I am having the exact same problem. Headset works perfectly with 0 problems in PS5, I have now decided to connect it to my xbox series x and it says its connected but it isn't connect. No audio comes through the headset. I have tried all of your troubleshooting solutions and none of it has worked for me. Not even with a wired connection...
  5. Dylan B2 Win User

My Arctis Nova 7x Wireless connects to my PC but not my Xbox One

Hi there,

I am having the exact same problem. Headset works perfectly with 0 problems in PS5, I have now decided to connect it to my xbox series x and it says its connected but it isn't connect. No audio comes through the headset. I have tried all of your troubleshooting solutions and none of it has worked for me. Not even with a wired connection
  6. baeyonsay Win User

New Xbox Wireless Headset (2021) constant disconnecting

Just got a brand new Series X with the Wireless headset and its cracking, distorting and dropping connection every few minutes or so. When it gets bad, it will drop entirely for a few seconds at a time before reconnecting.

I've tried hard resetting, unpairing and pairing, updating to 9.22 firmware three times and still have the issue.

This is so frustrating after spending upwards of $600 for this setup.

Question for the forum is...have you all tried other headsets? I'm curious if the problem lies with my Series X or just this headset. As I see the options as being:

• Return the Microsoft Wireless Headset for another Microsoft Wireless Headset.
    • Return the Microsoft Wireless Headset and get a 3rd party headset.
    • Warranty the Series X if the problem lies with specific hardware units.
    Thanks for you insight.
Thema:

1. Series X detecting a headset when there isn't a headset connected - Similar Threads - Series detecting headset

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  4. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  5. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...
  6. Xbox elite series 2 paddle controls confuse Roblox's platform detection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 paddle controls confuse Roblox's platform detection.: When I play Roblox on my phone with my Xbox elite series 2, its paddle controls confuse Roblox into thinking I'm on pc, is there any way to fix this? 27569dad-fb1b-4b01-99dd-19c76881d12b
  7. I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...: I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able to detect and connect to 5ghz wifi . Is there any solution or i have to replace the unit?...
  8. My Series X can't detect any wireless networks ps5 it is

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X can't detect any wireless networks ps5 it is: So after 40 minutes of this stuttering support lady trying to blame home router for why my xbox doesn't pick up any wifi connections on scanning . She finally concludes and so have I that it's...
  9. Xbox Series S Allow Passthrough Receiver not detecting Surround Formats

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Allow Passthrough Receiver not detecting Surround Formats: For whatever reason my Xbox Series S is having problems passing the audio to my receiver. I usually select 5.1 Uncompressed as the base and then when Netflix or Disney+ is playing a movie the...
  10. Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks: For the last few days, since the latest Alpha update, every time I boot up my Series X it fails to connect online. When I go to the Network Settings and select Set Up Wireless Network, none show...