Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

Discus and support Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by THE_BAD_GUY_1991, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past week when my controller started showcasing major stick drift issues in the left stick. For instance, at times, I can set it down and the cursor/targeting reticule (depending on game or even on the dashboard) will zip off to the top or bottom of the screen. I have reset the controller and re-calibrated it. I have also updated the firmware on it. Unfortunately, it is still doing this. I have my original day one edition controller for my Xbox One (2014) as well as a rockcandy wired controller and neither of those have shown any sign of stick drift.

Now when I go under my devices to get support for my controller it shows the warranty having expired January 14 2023, yet I purchased/signed up for All Access/Gamepass Ultimate in August 2023. I thought my controller would be covered under warranty. Since there's no real way of contacting support perhaps a rep could reach out to rectify this issue?

:)

THE_BAD_GUY_1991, Apr 3, 2024
  2. linger888 Win User

New Elite Series 2 Controller Stick Drift like the Series 1 ! WHY !? Unbelievable !

I totally can feel the OP's pain.

I've gone through 3 Xbox One controllers (one being an Elite) with stick drift issues.

The stick drift happened outside of the warranty period - so I was basically SOL.

Good luck to those who bought these at launch and "haven't had any issues with it". It's just a matter of time before you guys experience stick drift.
  3. AridLizard Win User

controller support

if the controllers are out of warranty then there are video tutorials on youtube showing how to take apart and repair the stick drift (but they do require some skill in soldering and require special tools to take the controller apart)

have a look in your local area for a game/computer shop that does repairs as that is probably the best option if the warranty has expired
  4. Treyvon Gray Win User

Xbox series X controller keeps drifting up

Hey, I have the same issue too! I have been buying the new Xbox Series X/S controllers for 2 years now, and every time after the warranty expires, the controller start drifting. I just bought a new controller almost a month ago, and now the same issue comes back again. I guess the controllers can’t handle me being good at Fortnite. I have had older controllers, and they never had the same issue. This has been a continuous issue, it makes me want to switch to mouse and keyboard.
  5. DJWLLMS Win User

Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller

I am having the same issue! its sad mine started happening 5 months later and the warranty is expired..... stick drift on the right and my left stick is delayed moving forward....
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Xbox One S Controller problems even brand new.

Maybe you’re just incredibly rough with your controllers. My controllers last around 2-3 years before stick drift and I even have an OG One controller with no drift... if they falter within the 3 month warranty then I suggest claiming your warranty.
Thema:

Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

1. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the... - Similar Threads - Series Controller having

2. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  3. My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I: My right stick drifts up and down in all games. Left stick and d pad are touchy and jump multiple spaces on a single tap. I’ve changed controllers and the issues follow. I looked at forum and see...
  4. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...: The controller is Xbox series s and I need help fixing it 88965f47-42c9-463e-b3ca-187fdc6a86fd
  7. I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller): I have been having bad luck when it comes to Xbox controllers and stick drift. I have updated them to the current firmware, I have used them sparingly, as to not ruin the controller. My left...
  8. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  9. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  10. I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.: It works fine in the menu and to naviagte before the game; but starting at the game menu, it pushes up. it's not a controller issue and I just want to know if anyoner else has had this problem....