Series X boot issue w/Samsung Q70A

Discus and support Series X boot issue w/Samsung Q70A in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Nothing has changed with this setup for over 6 months now and has been used almost daily. Recently my wife's Xbox has refused to wake from sleep. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AbstractZen, Jun 10, 2023.

1. AbstractZen
    AbstractZen Guest

Nothing has changed with this setup for over 6 months now and has been used almost daily. Recently my wife's Xbox has refused to wake from sleep. It has to be powered on with the front panel switch. The LED lights up, startup tone plays, and then the LED blinks twice and unit powers off. The TV has to be powered on with the remote and displays "no connection " (it all typically uses HDMI-CEC) . The only way I can get it to work is to reset the resolution first (holding power and eject for 10 seconds). This process is consistently repeatable every time the Xbox is powered on from sleep or cold boot.

Troubleshooting steps so far:

Unplugging her external HDD

My Series X works just fine in place of hers using her HDMI cable, and power cable on the same TV.

Her Xbox works normally when connected to my monitor using my HDMI and power cables.

Her Xbox is up to date (last updated as of 5/12, last check was 6/8).

I don't know what else to try and searching for something this specific is, understandably, not going very well. Any ideas Xbox experts? Thanks in advanced!

:)

AbstractZen, Jun 10, 2023
  2. AbstractZen Win User

Sorry for the delayed response. I was tied up with other things.

I have tried disabling VRR and the problem still persisted. I am attempting each step one at a time to see which (if any) clear up the issue.

Xbox was updated last on 5/12. It is up to date.

TV is currently updating as I type this.

It is a little difficult to try multiple solutions in succession as once it is "warmed up" and working, Any restarts shortly after all work as intended. It needs to be off for a while to cause the power on issue. I'll go through all of your suggestions one by one and report back.
  3. AbstractZen Win User

It appears that the TV update fixed this issue. Also all display options are still enabled on the Xbox and everything works now.

Considering that my Xbox worked in place of hers prior to the TV update, I expected the fault to lie with her Xbox. Apparently that wasn't the case.

Either way, I would not have looked at updating the TV had you not mentioned it, so thank you for your guidance!
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello AbstractZen, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this inconvenience with your wife's Xbox console. Let's try to sort this out.

May I know if you tried disabling VRR, 120Hz, or lowering the resolution to 1080p on the console, just to verify if the inconvenience persists or not?

Additionally, do you know if the TV, or your wife's console received a system update these days?
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hi!
    I'm happy to know that updating your TV was the solution to the problem, it's always good to cover all the possibilities.

If you need help in the future you can always create a new post! :purple_heart:

PS: You can give feedback to the community, if you found a reply helpful you can mark Yes or No below it.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there
    Don't hesitate to share the results as soon as you can.

Meanwhile, if maybe the inconvenience persists, try to do a factory reset on the console but keeping games and apps.

If you need to review the steps, check below:

Go to console settings > system > console info > reset > select keep my games and apps
Thema:

1. Series X boot issue w/Samsung Q70A - Similar Threads - Series boot issue

2. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  3. xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s: I've experienced a huge issue on my xbox series x, where no games that are optimised for x/s will load up. They get as far as the splash screen then freeze and crash. Games that this has been...
  4. Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while: Xbox series s with external samsung 1tb ssd and 1tb storage expansion card seagate stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while then when it does get the the menu it does not connect to the Internet...
  5. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  6. My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot: During game play, the system froze and wouldn't turn off. I did a forced turning off and followed all the directions to reboot (including cleaning the unit of any dust). I only get the splash...
  7. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  8. My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up: My Xbox series is brand new and I got it today it was working fine in the beginning but then after I got off playing Fortnite with my friends I wanted to play by myself and I turned my Xbox on and...
  9. Xbox always says "Connect to the Xbox Network on boot if on low power mode (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox always says "Connect to the Xbox Network on boot if on low power mode (Xbox Series X): If i use the Low power mode setting on my Series X, it never connects to the internet/xbox network when booting up. I usually have to hard reset, turn xbox on and off multiple times or just wait...
  10. XBox Series X no signal at boot, powers off

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X no signal at boot, powers off: Encountering an issue where I cant seem to get an HDMI signal no matter what I try. The console will only stay on about a minute or so before powering off. Console is located in well ventilated...