Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset

Discus and support Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just got the Xbox series x and did the new controller update about week or so ago. It seems since after the controller update my there is no audio... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/schweppe-, Jan 22, 2024.

1. /u/schweppe-
    /u/schweppe- Guest

I just got the Xbox series x and did the new controller update about week or so ago. It seems since after the controller update my there is no audio coming out of my wired headset. The controller knows the headset is connected and my friends can hear me talk, but I cannot hear any audio including game audio.

Not sure if anyone can help or if I just got unlucky with my controller?

Also I’ve also tried multiple headsets as well as as a different console and audio comes in fine.

submitted by /u/schweppe-
    [link] [comments]

/u/schweppe-, Jan 22, 2024
  2. Dylan B2 Win User

My Arctis Nova 7x Wireless connects to my PC but not my Xbox One

Hi there,

I am having the exact same problem. Headset works perfectly with 0 problems in PS5, I have now decided to connect it to my xbox series x and it says its connected but it isn't connect. No audio comes through the headset. I have tried all of your troubleshooting solutions and none of it has worked for me. Not even with a wired connection...
  3. Dylan B2 Win User

My Arctis Nova 7x Wireless connects to my PC but not my Xbox One

Hi there,

I am having the exact same problem. Headset works perfectly with 0 problems in PS5, I have now decided to connect it to my xbox series x and it says its connected but it isn't connect. No audio comes through the headset. I have tried all of your troubleshooting solutions and none of it has worked for me. Not even with a wired connection
  4. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

I understand you about the xbox license.

I rather not want to have a wireless headset because I dont like charging and the battery life will decrease over time. So that leave me with two options:
    1. Wired, 3.5mm into the Xbox series x controller
    2. Wired, usb, into the Xbox series X

I checked the microsoft store and there are only 2 compatible series X headsets. Both wireles.

Do you know any wired Xbox series X headset? That is compatible with the series x? I prefer USB but have to go 3.5mm otherwise.
  5. XBF-Spartan Win User

Audio and party creation issues.

HI dj,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue and would like to help out. Concerning your boot-up problem, have you switch your power settings to "Instant On" for your Series X console. When it comes to your A50 headset I am kinging the Xbox Support site that details instructions on how to properly setup the Series X with a headset that using optical audio. Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series X - no dedicated digital sound output

I'm in a similar situation...

I use astro a50 gen 2 headset for my audio through optical port, without the optical port on the Series X my £299 astro headset is useless, just had order and spend another £299 for the astro a50 gen 4 to work with the Series X,

I would have rather have paid an extra £5-£10 more for the Series X console for it to have an optical port than having to pay out £299 for a new headset

I use a 4K monitor but it has no speakers, so I'm stuck with no audio at all for the Series X until I get my new headset.
Thema:

1. Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset - Similar Threads - Series Audio coming

2. Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones: Just got the headphones and I’ve noticed a very poor audio delay with my games while using them. I’ve had wireless headphones from steel series prior to this pair but never encountered this issues...
  3. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  4. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  5. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  8. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  9. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  10. Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Reversed surround audio - Front coming from rears: Hey folks, My xbox series x 7.1 uncompressed audio constantly flips, front to back. Details: - Frequently when powering the xbox up from standby and/or returning to a game from another app my...