Series X - Anyone else have their fan finally turn off on stand-by?

Discus and support Series X - Anyone else have their fan finally turn off on stand-by? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As much an FYI post but also curious if everyone is the same... First week or so the fan on my Series X was always on - even after the console had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrianD101, Nov 27, 2020.

1. BrianD101
    BrianD101 Guest

As much an FYI post but also curious if everyone is the same...

First week or so the fan on my Series X was always on - even after the console had been in stand-by for hours. I've seen a few posts from 'experts' claiming this was normal but it never seemed right to me.

Just noticed there it has finally stopped. Xbox is on stand-by (instant on mode not full shut-down) and fan is off. Switched on to check all ok and fan starts fine and again stops completely when device is switched off.

So i'd call bs on the 'yeah it's normal' answers and say this was maybe a bug that has been fixed (although last update was 17/11 - but maybe i only noticed now). Fan being completely off when device isn't doing anything seems normal to me - running all
    the time doesn't.

Anyone else notice this change? Anyone know if there was an update?

:)

BrianD101, Nov 27, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: