Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

Discus and support Series S won’t connect to home WiFi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Before a couple days ago my Xbox ran normally for the past 3 years but then it just disconnected from my home WiFi and won’t connect again but all my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alan Kaczynski1, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

Before a couple days ago my Xbox ran normally for the past 3 years but then it just disconnected from my home WiFi and won’t connect again but all my other devices such as my phone are connected as normal. Also my Xbox also does connect to my home hotspot.

:)

Alan Kaczynski1, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Alan Kaczynski1 Win User

After entering my password it takes about 30s to load and then it does say can’t connect to wireless network. I did also use my phone hotspot as it wouldn’t connect to my home WiFi.
  3. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Alan! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

- To clarify, what happens when you try to connect your console to a Wifi network? do you get any error codes/messages, or is it simply not seeing any networks as available?
    - Have you verified if the same happens when trying to use a wired connection?
    - Do you have any external devices plugged into your console's USB ports?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Alan! Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

The error you are getting, does it come up right after inputting your home network's password? and, is the error's phrasing "Can’t connect to your wireless network"?

Also, did you experience difficulties connecting to the internet during the update phase of the factory reset? or was that done using your phone's hotspot?

Best regards.
  5. Alan Kaczynski1 Win User

I have already done this and even factory reset my Xbox
  6. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Alan! Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

Could you try power-cycling your console? like this:

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes.
    - If possible, please plug it into one of the wall's outlets.
    - I'd also suggest turning off and unplugging your modem/router during this step
    - Plug everything back together
    - Turn your console on and try connecting to your network.

Please let me know if this makes any difference, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. Series S won’t connect to home WiFi - Similar Threads - Series won’t connect

2. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  3. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  4. Series x won’t connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x won’t connect to live: Went to tun on series x and won’t connect to Xbox network… I did a wired test network connection and it says console connected to internet can’t watch disney + or play anything online the Home...
  5. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  7. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  8. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  9. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one: I’m trying to connect a next gen controller to my Xbox one. It works, but then it constantly disconnects. Does anybody know what could be the issue or had this issue?...
  10. My sons g923 connects to his series x won’t work, when we connect it the wheel spins but we...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sons g923 connects to his series x won’t work, when we connect it the wheel spins but we...: Trouble connecting g923 to Xbox x 208fba5e-e859-44f7-944e-29c7136b04f8