Series S Audio Stuttering

Discus and support Series S Audio Stuttering in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have noticed that the audio on my series s "stutters" intermittently. This happens regardless of what I am playing or watching (Games, Netflix... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Medic1424, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Medic1424
    Medic1424 Guest

I have noticed that the audio on my series s "stutters" intermittently. This happens regardless of what I am playing or watching (Games, Netflix YouTube, etc). I usually have to restart my xbox and it resolves itself. I have noticed in the past few weeks, it is becoming more frequent. When I first go my xbox, I thought maybe it was my internet connection. I have since moved and it is the same thing. I have tried several tvs and changed the audio setting. I have also found that it does this if I am using my headphones as well.

I am not really sure what else to do as nothing seems to fix it permanently. I have seen a ton of other posts about the same thing, but no resolutions. TYIA!

:)

Medic1424, Sep 11, 2023
  2. Juhn Jac Win User

Hi Medic1424

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with this concern. We will work together to achieve your desired resolution.

This issue could be caused by a number of factors, including a faulty HDMI cable, outdated audio drivers, or a problem with the Xbox's hardware. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your HDMI cable: Make sure that your HDMI cable is securely plugged into both your Xbox and your TV. If you have another HDMI cable available, try swapping it out to see if that resolves the issue.

2. Update your audio drivers: Make sure that your Xbox Series S is running the latest version of the operating system. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update.

3. Restart your Xbox: As you mentioned, restarting your Xbox can sometimes resolve the issue temporarily. Try restarting your Xbox and see if the audio stuttering goes away.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  3. Medic1424 Win User

Thank you for the information - I will do this immediately.
  4. Juhn Jac Win User

5. Juhn Jac Win User

Hello Medic1424

Thank you for the reply.

Please allow me to consult this case to our internal teams for their suggestions and recommendations. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  6. Medic1424 Win User

Hello there.

I have purchased a new HDMI cord and have tried with all four hdmi ports on the tv, as well as another tv. Issue persists.

The xbox is running the current software.

Restarting the xbox resolves the issue for several hours, then the issue returns.

Additionally, the sound issue occurs whether I use the TV output or use my wireless headphones.

Chris
Thema:

1. Series S Audio Stuttering - Similar Threads - Series Audio Stuttering

2. Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones: Just got the headphones and I’ve noticed a very poor audio delay with my games while using them. I’ve had wireless headphones from steel series prior to this pair but never encountered this issues...
  3. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  4. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  5. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  8. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...
  9. Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset: I have noticed that when I have my TV set Audio to TV Speakers it sounds just fine. But if I have ARC enabled(going to my Apple TV 4K Gen 2) playing on my HomePod Minis in stereo. Everything else...
  10. Series x audio stutters

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x audio stutters: My audio on my series x has started stuttering on all games and apps even the home screen . I have tried a different hdmi cable and the problem persists. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?...