Sent back my broken xbox one, microsoft refuses to refund my $580

Discus and support Sent back my broken xbox one, microsoft refuses to refund my $580 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I called microsoft and asked them if I could get my money that they took out of my account and they said "there is no way to reverse this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DvT Entirety, Apr 21, 2014.

1. DvT Entirety
    DvT Entirety Guest

So I called microsoft and asked them if I could get my money that they took out of my account and they said "there is no way to reverse this transaction or refund your money". The money was taken out of my account because I did not return my xbox in
    the given amount oft time. Is there any way that I could get my money back because I refuse to believe that they can not refund my money, so I basically handed them $580 dollars and returned them their xbox.

:)

DvT Entirety, Apr 21, 2014
  2. Power brick

My power brick broke and I sent it to microsoft and they sent me a new one back now my xbox will not power on. The one I sent them was 135w and the one they sent back was 120w. Is that the reason my xbox will not power on?

DestroyerStroyr, Apr 21, 2014
  3. H377Spawn
    H377Spawn Guest
    Seriously microsoft this console is pathetic....

I wish my controller broke, at least I could buy one. Power brick broke and they can't be bothered to issue the replacement after I sent them the defective one as they advised. Should have just sent the whole thing back for a refund.

H377Spawn, Apr 21, 2014
  4. LB THE TRUTH
    LB THE TRUTH Guest

Wow, don't they give two weeks to return the item. I'm not sure I would have pressed my luck with that amount of money on the line. Customer support is pretty lousy with this company too. Good luck with that.

LB THE TRUTH, Apr 21, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    I hate to say it, but you might be out that money.

CMUchippewa, Apr 22, 2014
  6. If you returned it because you were unhappy with the product then you should of returned on time how ever the Xboxbox belongs to you so ask for its return they will charge you postage again but at least you can sell it and get some thing back good luck

GrowlingYapper, Apr 22, 2014
  7. BinaryXtreme
    BinaryXtreme Guest
    LB The Truth. Have you had specific dealings with Microsoft regarding customer service or are you trolling the forums again?

BinaryXtreme, Apr 23, 2014
  8. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest

If you returned the console (and have proof via tracking it has been received by MS), know they are not going to return or repair your console, and are confident they are not going to refund the funds then your last resort would be to contact your credit
    card company and issue a chargeback or dispute the charge. However I would first try to resolve the issue with customer support one last time before you resort to that, try to be calm and polite and ask for a supervisor or escalation if they say they are unable
    to assist you. Also try to explain the situation as accurately as possible, and provide them with proof that the Xbox was received by them via tracking.

dlCHIEF58, Apr 29, 2014
  9. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    I don't think the issue is whether or not they received it. The issue is that it was not received within the time period that Microsoft had specified. So the penalty was his collateral of the $580 for the advanced replacement.

CMUchippewa, Apr 29, 2014
  10. Microsoft is under FTC investigation and litigation for similar actions/behavior

i i were u save all documentation contact a legal Council(Lawyer) (business practitioner) and sue microsoft the full retail+ the amount they just stole from you (grand theft/Larceny)+legal fees take about a year tops but you will definitely win if u have
    all receipts even those digital ones aka u buy something online u get an email (confirmation of purchase) which is technically a receipt print those off and their refusal to refund you is against the law so a federal court will vote in your favor with a percentage
    of 97.6% the other 3.4% is if they bought off the judge but seeing how its a federal court ignore that margin !!!

brianpomerleau, Apr 30, 2014
  11. i study business law im 2nd year grad school so i know + u can get most information online these days doesnt take a genius to look up how shady Microsofts business practices have gotten !!

like i stated above u can sue for grand theft(larceny) (money or an object stolen worth more than $400) and fraud not going into the business ethics on this there are plenty of violations there too !!

what ive said is all possible just going by with what OP has posted !!!

brianpomerleau, Apr 30, 2014
  12. If this is true then you need to call as suggested and escalate the issue by talking to a manager. If that does not get it resolved then you need to talk to your CC provider or bank to reverse the charges. The reality is that if you have proof they received
    your console then they have the property in question and as such are responsible for payment. Timeline is irrelevant. If they are not going to return your money then they would have to return your property. They can't have both.

JerodR-5206D158-130E-4DF6-BCE1-75F0C79932EB, Oct 31, 2018
  13. brianpomerleau Win User

Microsoft is under FTC investigation and litigation for similar actions/behavior

i i were u save all documentation contact a legal Council(Lawyer) (business practitioner) and sue microsoft the full retail+ the amount they just stole from you (grand theft/Larceny)+legal fees take about a year tops but you will definitely win if u have
    all receipts even those digital ones aka u buy something online u get an email (confirmation of purchase) which is technically a receipt print those off and their refusal to refund you is against the law so a federal court will vote in your favor with a percentage
    of 97.6% the other 3.4% is if they bought off the judge but seeing how its a federal court ignore that margin !!!
  14. CMUchippewa Win User

I don't think the issue is whether or not they received it. The issue is that it was not received within the time period that Microsoft had specified. So the penalty was his collateral of the $580 for the advanced replacement.
  15. LB THE TRUTH Win User

Wow, don't they give two weeks to return the item. I'm not sure I would have pressed my luck with that amount of money on the line. Customer support is pretty lousy with this company too. Good luck with that.
  16. BinaryXtreme Win User

LB The Truth. Have you had specific dealings with Microsoft regarding customer service or are you trolling the forums again?
  17. GrowlingYapper Win User

If you returned it because you were unhappy with the product then you should of returned on time how ever the Xboxbox belongs to you so ask for its return they will charge you postage again but at least you can sell it and get some thing back good luck
Thema:

1. Sent back my broken xbox one, microsoft refuses to refund my $580 - Similar Threads - Sent broken microsoft

2. I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...: My Xbox elite controller series 2 was out of warranty, so I decided to order in a replacement, however as soon as I powered on the replacement controller I realized the Right Bumper is completely...
  3. Microsoft sent me a broken Xbox Series X controller, and it was broken out of the box. Is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sent me a broken Xbox Series X controller, and it was broken out of the box. Is...: I just want to know if I can get a replacement 38932caf-a51f-4117-a05b-ec8244c2e206
  4. What to do if the controller sent back after ‘repair’ is more broken than when I sent it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do if the controller sent back after ‘repair’ is more broken than when I sent it.: I sent my Xbox Series2 elite core controller in for bad sticks it felt like plastic rubbing against them inside of the sticks. Waited 2 whole weeks to get it back, and what I get, is a dirty,...
  5. Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo...: my Halo edition elite 2 controller started having issues a month or two ago so I finally decided to send it in for repairs before the warranty ran up, however I was sent a normal elite 2...
  6. I was sent a broken elite controller for my replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken elite controller for my replacement: So I sent back my series 2 elite controller because it had stick drift. I got my replacement elite controller just this Sunday and it came broken. 3 out of the 4 back paddles work however the...
  7. How do I get a hold of support about being sent a broken controller back from a service...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get a hold of support about being sent a broken controller back from a service...: The bumpers on my elite series 2 went out again and thankfully this time they went out on warranty so I had sent it in for a repair. Well they sent me back a controller with working bumpers but...
  8. If xbox sent me a physically broken xbox can I get a new one with warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If xbox sent me a physically broken xbox can I get a new one with warranty?: I got sent a xbox thats physically broken it looks like someone banged up my xbox series s with a hammer I did some tests and it surprisingly works so thats good but it looks like it needs a new...
  9. Microsoft sent me back a broken console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sent me back a broken console: I just received my new console only a few hours ago after sending in my old xbox one in late may and my new console is freaking broken. A black screen comes up after the green startup screen...
  10. 3 broken Xbox One Consoles in a row. 2 sent directly from Microsoft!

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 broken Xbox One Consoles in a row. 2 sent directly from Microsoft!: Please search "@AirRaid29" on Twitter or "Xboxonefixitnow" and RT if you have issues. Here is my story of woe... My current console has the "Initial Update" issue. This is my THIRD bad...