Selling Xbox 360 w/ 120GB HDD...how to remove account info and keep downloaded game content

Discus and support Selling Xbox 360 w/ 120GB HDD...how to remove account info and keep downloaded game content in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am looking to purchase an Xbox One console. I currently have an Xbox 360 4GB console with an additional 120GB slim HDD that I am wanting to sell. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jawa74, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Jawa74
    Jawa74 Guest

Selling Xbox 360 w/ 120GB HDD...how to remove account info and keep downloaded game content

I am looking to purchase an Xbox One console. I currently have an Xbox 360 4GB console with an additional 120GB slim HDD that I am wanting to sell. I have about 7 games I have downloaded to this external 120 GB drive and I was wondering if it were possible
    to remove my account info from this unit and keep the game content on the external HDD. Can I do this or will I have to reimage everything before I sell?

:)

Jawa74, Nov 24, 2015
  2. IMERCENARY1
    IMERCENARY1 Guest
    Question about DLC and sharing?

A good year and a half ago my primary account which was xDCIx NEMESIS had pretty much a 1/4 of my DLC on it. While I have 2 other accounts on my HDD, the content that I bought with xDCIx NEMESIS seemed to have shared with my 2 other accounts (DCI GOVERNATOR
    and NKR ChokeOnThis). Since I'm only using the account you see, a friend of mine gave me his 120gb HDD to transfer all of my content onto his HDD. I connected the 120gb to the transfer cable to the Xbox itself and thought it would be easy as that. Unfortunatley
    it was not, so I ended up deleting most of my content that had been shared with this account not realizing that I would have to pay for it in the after math. This content included Trials HD, COD
    L: W@W map packs and much more. Tonight I get on
    L: W@W and I can't get into one match because most of the matches put me in the lobbies that require the DLC. Now normally the other CODs don't put me into the lobbies that require the DLC unless I join a friends game.
    Now my question is, if I moved my xDCIx NEMSIS back onto my HDD and redownload the DLC, will it reshare with this account? since this is how I got most of it in the first place.

IMERCENARY1, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Why has my Xbox 360 not got enough storage space

Hey there WillDaBunner17.

Do you have any content currently installed on your Xbox 360? The more content is installed the less storage space you'll have. If nothing is installed, try powering down your Xbox 360, unplugging completely, remove the HDD, and then re-insert it. Keep us in
    the loop with how it goes Selling Xbox 360 w/ 120GB HDD...how to remove account info and keep downloaded game content :)

Mister Maka, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

It would be best to reset everything. Digital content is tied to your account and cannot be sold. You would be violating the terms of service if you sell them the games.

Smwutches, Nov 24, 2015
  5. Smwutches Win User

It would be best to reset everything. Digital content is tied to your account and cannot be sold. You would be violating the terms of service if you sell them the games.
  6. Elohmn Win User

selling xbox (will games stay on hard drive?)

DyingTerror, if you're going to sell your Xbox 360 and HDD simply Format The HDD. This will remove all traces of any Information and Content. It's essentially a blank HDD afterward.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

Old style Xbox's 120-gig HDD problem...

Exchange it at GameStop. That's not how 120GB HDDs should behave on a 360.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

New xbox 360 to unburden the old

[quote user="paaland3"]I'm considering purchasing a new xbox slim with 120 GB HDD.[/quote]There is no 360 S SKU that bundles a 120GB HDD. There is a 360 s 4GB which comes with a 4GB internal USB Memory Unit and there's a 360 S 250GB which comes with a 250GB
    HDD.

Anyone attempting to sell you a 120GB HDD for a 360 S is selling an unauthorized drive. You'll be risking a console ban by using it.
    do I need to purchase a new one / transfer my account back and forth every time I change where I'm playing?
    A
    Gold account can be used on any 360, but only one at a time. It isn't possible to log into Live on the same Gold account from more than one PC/360 simultaneously.
    2. What about all the Games on demand and market place games I've purchased. Can I move
    them between the boxes (redownload on new box)?
    Yes.
    Can I have them on both boxes at the same time (but not playing at the same time)?
    Yes. The console you transfer the license to will allow any profile to access the content. All subsequent
    consoles will only allow use of the DLC by your gamertag.
  9. m1l7onG Win User

Halo Reach Damaged

Xbox 360 Elite Hdd 120GB free space on Hdd 47Gb
Thema:

1. Selling Xbox 360 w/ 120GB HDD...how to remove account info and keep downloaded game content - Similar Threads - Selling 360 120GB

2. What to do when someone sells you a banned Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do when someone sells you a banned Xbox 360: I got a Xbox 360 and when plugging it in it says it is banned is there anything that can be done? b4f561fe-2050-42ef-b33f-5d11f4af69e8
  3. I'm selling my Xbox 360 halo 4 limited edition just don't know the memory? Without cords

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm selling my Xbox 360 halo 4 limited edition just don't know the memory? Without cords: Im selling my Xbox 360 Halo 4 limited edition just don't have cords and don't know where or how to get or figure out the memory to see if it's a 500gb or 250gb or a 1tb...
  4. Is it possible to sell Xbox 360 games on digital media

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to sell Xbox 360 games on digital media: I recently bought a game on digital media on Xbox 360, but I still don't like it, so I would like to know if there's any way to sell it or pass it on or there's no way...
  5. NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor

in XboX Insiders
    NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor: Hello, Looking to sell my xbox 360 4Gb along with the kinect sensor. And around 10 CDs. Does anyone know who would buy it in Mumbai, India? Thanks. submitted by /u/UnKoNoWnDuDe [link] [comments]
  6. 2Wire: Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360? Hello JoyW71, Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, that wireless adapter has not been...
  7. Preparing my xbox 360 to sell

in XBoX Accessibility
    Preparing my xbox 360 to sell: Hi, im preparing my xbox 360 to sell it to a friend.I have backed up most of my games saves to my cloud storage.The question is, how will clearing all my personal data in this xbox affect my xbox...
  8. Clearing XBOX 360 to sell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clearing XBOX 360 to sell: I want to clear my profile from an XBOX 360 prior to selling. The XBOX opens up in my profile but does not connect to Windows Media, it has been several years since it was used and the old PC...
  9. our xbox 360 was consol banned months ago , i want to sell it as he has a xbox 1 how can i ????

in XBoX on Consoles
    our xbox 360 was consol banned months ago , i want to sell it as he has a xbox 1 how can i ????: we have a xbox 360 s that is consol banned my son has had a x box 1 for nearly 2 years , we want to sell the xbox 360 i am a single mother how can this be un banned because at the moment it is...
  10. What do you need to do to your 360 before you sell it / Trade it in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do you need to do to your 360 before you sell it / Trade it in?: So I have a good idea what to do but I just want to get all the steps straight. The 360 has been amazing for over a decade but it's time to retire it as there's not much ocassion to turn it on...