Select any App to Start up with Boot

Discus and support Select any App to Start up with Boot in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I would like to Startup my Xbox One and after boot or with boot it starts an App automatically. My wish: Turn on Xbox and it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Micha.P., Apr 6, 2016.

1. Micha.P.
    Micha.P. Guest

Hello everyone,

I would like to Startup my Xbox One and after boot or with boot it starts an App automatically.

My wish: Turn on Xbox and it automatically boots into the App Tunein Radio, which then immediately starts my favourite Internetradiostream.

I have everything set, I just can not find the option to start a selected App directly after boot automatically, please help.

This option will boost my xbox one experience a lot.

Kind regards

:)

Micha.P., Apr 6, 2016
  2. Philip P
    Philip P Guest
    Cannot start any app or select commands

Have this problem about once a week for the last couple months. Completely unplugging the xbox from the power supply and rebooting it corrects the problem.

The problem seems to occur most often after I start the system in the morning after pressing the white button on the console to put it in sleep/hibernation the night before.

It applies to ALL controllers, including a brand new official xbox branded just-purchased-from-walmart-yesterday controller. So the problem is NOT the controller. I repeat. NOT the controllers.

Basically, I start up the XBox One.

I can navigate the dashboard.

I can switch between Home-Community-OneGuide-Store. Fresh thumbnails for online content display.

I can go to the side menu. I can use all the buttons on the controller to navigate, including the "A" button.

What I CAN'T do is select or activate anything, including settings.

I try to switch profiles and when I press the "A" button to select the profile, it does nothing. I can use "B" to back out.

I go to an app. Any app or game. I press "A" to start it. The icon on the screen flickers like it recognizes I hit the button, but it does not do anything.

I go to "Settings --> Restart Console". Icon flickers when I press the button, but does not respond. Same with "Turn off" and "All settings"

The ONLY thing that fixes this bug is a hard power cycle of the console.

My personal theory is that some background service on the console has hung up or crashed after bringing the console out of hibernation. Is there going to be a fix, or am I going to need to continue yanking out the power cord once a week?

Edit: If I plug a QWERTY keyboard into the side USB port, I can use the enter button as a surrogate "A" button and will allow me to execute apps and select commands. This narrows things down to "problems with the controller software"

Philip P, Apr 6, 2016
  3. SB2G
    SB2G Guest
    Media Player update is up for Preview Members

Yes, it's in the settings under the "power & start up" selection.

SB2G, Apr 6, 2016
  4. DarthRaitu
    DarthRaitu Guest

Hey there KoelschPole

I haven't yet seen any setting that allows you to start an app directly after the Xbox One booting. All that I believe is available is starting up the TV on boot.

Apologies about this but please come back if I can help with anything else.

-

DarthRaitu, Apr 8, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: