Seeking Legal Action

Discus and support Seeking Legal Action in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was given a permanent ban from Xbox because my account was hacked and compromised and someone decided to send a message off my account to get me this... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by david J3, Jan 26, 2023.

1. david J3
    david J3 Guest

Seeking Legal Action

I was given a permanent ban from Xbox because my account was hacked and compromised and someone decided to send a message off my account to get me this ban. I have the offender's console serial number and IP address of where the console Signed in from the recent Activity that I can get from my Microsoft account. Now I have contacted the enforcement team and sent them the images showing these and yet they haven't replied.

The fact that the person who has done this has breached the Xbox community standards by accessing and/or tried accessing another profile that isn't theres proves that the enforcement action on me is null and void since the is evidence to prove my claim that I wasn't even on the account. The is also 2fa which should of prevented the account from being signed in which it didn't, to the fact that I wasn't aware of my account being hacked. Now I'm unhappy that this has happened to me since I have spent a lot of money on that account and that whoever was the one that hacked it could of spent money on the account because it has card details on it proves that Microsoft and Xbox security needa refining and tweaking to be secure from this type of behaviour especially when someone who I don't know hacks my account.

I want to be able to take legal action against Xbox in court for the following reasons.

1: I was hacked and my account compromised and I have evidence to prove this and will be submitting it to court.

2: the enforcement action against me goes against the community standards as someone else has accessed my account.

3: the amount of money and time I have spent on that account for someone to do something like this.

Now if I win in court I will be seeking damages to the excess of £3000.00 or more due to how I am being the victim of someone elses mistake and getting my account banned.

:)

david J3, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Seeking Legal Action

Not enitrely sure what you aim to get from posting here, especially as this is a forum primarily filled with people with no MS affiliations (asides from the odd MS employee). If you want to take legal action against Microsoft and Xbox, then that is your perogative..you would need to contact a lawyer to get a case started.

Regarding the ban: Enforcement are the only ones who can deal with such things...when you say you contacted them , I assume you mean you appealed the enforcement? It's unusual to get no response..however, it can take some time to investigate things like this.
  3. david J3 Win User

Seeking Legal Action

Precisely the fact that as a consumer I have my rights which can be used in a court of law especially Xbox and Microsoft don't want that with the FTC being involved in a dispute over the Activision deal so you can see that in terms of someone like myself wanting to go to take it to court over the security of my account and that someone else breaching my account proves Microsoft and Xbox don't care.
  4. david J3 Win User

Seeking Legal Action

Yes I did appeal the decision but my brother contacted Xbox support who said to him to reply to the email they sent me and to add extra details which me and him have already done. The enforcement team is so ignorant in terms of how they respond to people especially since my account was Hacked by someone else which they have technically breached the community standards of Xbox by accessing my account which is number 8 of the community standards Respect the rights of others. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm unhappy with Xbox and Microsoft, There being no contact with the enforcement team besides an email address that doesn't seem to get answered by them to the point where the enforcement team don't look at the evidence sent and accessible by them. So I have contacted trading standards in the UK and they have informed me that I can post anywhere that is Microsoft affiliated since this is a answers page for Microsoft means I can request or post something that I need bringing to attention because of someone else breaching the law and community standards of Xbox. In terms of this I am requesting the information needed to go to a lawyer so the paperwork can be filed and sent to them because you try finding stuff online seems to be hardly anything especially outside of the US so you can clearly see from this post that I am seeking a claim and need all the correct information before I go to a lawyer.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Seeking Legal Action

That's all fair enough...my point was merely that you are highly unlikely to get any form of answer by posting on here because there are only a few Microsoft employees that frequent the forum and, given the thousand of threads posted each day, the chances of one of them seeing your thread is remote.

Beyond that, all their really is is the Microsoft Legal page, although that seems more related to employees than consumers:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal
  6. qdub demon Win User

advance warfare preorder

might be seeking legal action due to false advertising
Thema:

Seeking Legal Action

1. Seeking Legal Action - Similar Threads - Seeking Legal Action

2. Community Update March April 2024 - Seeking Updates of the Morning

in XboX Insiders
    Community Update March April 2024 - Seeking Updates of the Morning: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  3. Seeking Guidance for Connectivity Puzzles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seeking Guidance for Connectivity Puzzles: Dear Gaming Sages, I extend this missive in the hopes that it reaches the seasoned navigators of digital realms, immersed in the pulse of gaming adventures. Alas, my trusted Xbox, the gateway to...
  4. Seeking Solutions for Connectivity

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seeking Solutions for Connectivity: Esteemed Gaming Sages, I trust this message finds you immersed in the vibrant landscapes of digital conquests. Alas, my loyal Xbox, the gatekeeper to gaming realms, is ensnared in the perplexing...
  5. Seeking Connectivity Enlightenment

in XBoX Accessibility
    Seeking Connectivity Enlightenment: I send this missive with hopes that it reaches the vigilant guardians of digital realms. Unfortunately, my cherished Xbox, the portal to gaming utopia, is ensnared in the enigmatic web of...
  6. Seeking Your Gaming Wisdom

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seeking Your Gaming Wisdom: Dear Gaming Gurus, I trust this message finds you amidst epic boss battles and high-scoring victories. However, I find myself in the midst of a gaming nightmare, and I'm reaching out to the...
  7. Seeking Wisdom from the Gaming Gurus

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seeking Wisdom from the Gaming Gurus: Hello Gaming Community, I trust this message finds you amidst epic gaming quests and triumphant victories. However, my gaming sanctuary is currently under siege, and I'm reaching out to the wise...
  8. Seeking Insights on Zombie Survival Game Development and Technology

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seeking Insights on Zombie Survival Game Development and Technology: Hello fellow gaming enthusiasts! I hope this message finds you well. I am currently delving into the exciting realm of Zombie Survival Game Development Services and am eager to gather insights...
  9. Gaming Laptops Compatibility with Xbox on Windows - Seeking Guidance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming Laptops Compatibility with Xbox on Windows - Seeking Guidance: Hello fellow Xbox and gaming enthusiasts, I hope this message finds you all in high spirits. I'm reaching out to this vibrant community to dive into a topic that bridges my love for gaming...
  10. Two payments were made, one unintended, and now seeking refund on one payment. How?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two payments were made, one unintended, and now seeking refund on one payment. How?: To whom it may concern, Two payments were made, the one unintented payment of $39.95 transaction # Z62ROWY85N4S was made and seeking a refund. A second payment for Minecraft dekluxe edition was...