Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link

Discus and support Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Well so I bought a second hand xbox 360 on amazon. Stupidly connected it to my LAN, prior owner accounts were present and formatted the drive through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by J 28, Feb 9, 2024.

1. J 28
    J 28 Guest

Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link

Well so I bought a second hand xbox 360 on amazon. Stupidly connected it to my LAN, prior owner accounts were present and formatted the drive through the 360 console as well as doing a factory reset. Initially I noticed it was quite clunky freezing up randomly and my broadband connection kept going down which is very unusual. When trying to play black ops I got some dns error messages. It had previously worked the prior day. Long story short my home network is now completely compromised, some malicious actor has performed a ssl stripping mitm attack on my network. They've been trying to brute force my router for days. I've switched it off now will nuke all my devices and reinstall router firmware. What I'll need though is the download link for xbox 360 s OS I suspect that there's hidden sectors in the xbox hdd that harbour malware. I'm going to forensically wipe the hdd and hopefully refresh the 360 firmware to it. Are there any other areas malware could hide in a compromised 360 some persistent memory thar could harbour a boot kit? I will also be opening it up to check that nothings been soldered to the motherboard. I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for regarding hardware though so advice there would be great or a diagram of the factory hardware config. In essence this console definitely has mallard it's exploited my routers upnp function to phone home and now I'm dealing with a hacker, this isn't some botnet it seems to be a person at the other end effecting my network. Any help advice would be appreciated and don't buy a second hand xbox

:)

J 28, Feb 9, 2024
  2. Big-Pete Win User

Xbox 360 Xbox Live Disconnecting when In Party

I've finally debunked this annoying issue, after replacing the 500mb homeplugs with 1gb ones, I still had the issue, I reset to factory settings the router that the Xbox 360 & Xbox One are connected to , and still had the issue, I reset to factory settings
    on the Xbox 360 and recovered my gamertag again, but still had the issue.

I then, as a last resort checked the Primary & Secondary DNS settings on the TPlink adsl modem, and noticed that the primary settings had been changed. I'd already had this happen with the Apple Airport Extreme router via malware despite having plenty of
    anti-malware / security programs scanning our PC's, the malware uses exploits

I reset the modem, run the setup, changed the Primary & Secondary DNS IP's to Googles Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secondary 8.8.1.1 and it's been fine since and I check the modem's settings every couple of days..

I've included further info incase it helps anyone.

DNSChanger, a form of malware, redirects your Internet traffic to alternative websites, allowing the malicious operator to control the customer’s Internet experience. A common method is to redirect advertisement traffic to sites controlled by the malicious
    operator. This malware can also allow infected computers to be controlled remotely. Details about this malware, how it can attack, and how your system may have been infected, can be found on the following FBI and Department of Justice website.

DNSChanger malware causes a computer to use rogue, or bad, Domain Name System (DNS) settings in one of two ways. First, if the malware successfully infects the customer’s computer(s), it changes the DNS settings to replace the good ISP settings with rogue
    settings that are then operated by the malicious operator. Second, if the malware infects a router or gateway device on the customer’s network, all computers located behind the router or gateway device within your network could be controlled by the malicious
    operator. Therefore, these changes may impact all computers on your network, even if those computers are not themselves infected with the malware.

Google Search Here
  3. VibroPlex Win User

"Some Xbox Live content is temporarily unavailable" - 80072746

Bears, the very different operating system ('Dashboard') of the Xbox 360 can't host Windows trojan malware, that is definately not the cause of the issue.
  4. AussieWrath Win User

Anyway to get malware on your xbox 360?

If it connected to the internet it possible to be targeted. To gain access to network and sniff traffic etc. They have found malware infecting even fridges and smart TV'S. Why not Xbox 360.. A teen mad malware in india for the kinect
  5. DominumStige Win User

How is there Malware on my Xbox One?

The current operating system on the console does not allow external changes from malware or rootkits. Misleading pop-ups may appear using Edge for web browsing, but the console cannot be infected.
  6. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

cant update my internet explorer on xbox

You would need to do a system update and this would update any apps like this that are part of the operating system.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/system-update-operating-system

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

these links should help you do this and provide some information on the updates.
Thema:

1. Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link - Similar Threads - Second hand 360

2. I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...: Please help [img] e26eafb7-5c77-4439-82c7-628498dfa87d
  3. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  4. I need reset code for my second hand Xbox 360 please

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need reset code for my second hand Xbox 360 please: I need reset code for my second hand Xbox 360 please 36e83070-632c-4a94-888b-ab4bb518dea6
  5. Does anyone know how to get rid of family settings on a second hand Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how to get rid of family settings on a second hand Xbox 360?: I have recently bought an Xbox 360 and have found that there are family settings on it which I do not have the code to. da9ff7b8-6016-4d1b-85e7-0e81c8f9307a
  6. I bought an Xbox 360 slim second hand and it needs a parental code how do I remove it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought an Xbox 360 slim second hand and it needs a parental code how do I remove it: I bought an Xbox 360 slim second hand and it needs a parental code how do I remove it 671c03b4-656d-4702-b796-11fab6a526fd
  7. “I bought a 360 second hand and it has a parental code on it. I don't know it plus I don't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    “I bought a 360 second hand and it has a parental code on it. I don't know it plus I don't...: “I bought a 360 second hand and it has a parental code on it. I don't know it plus I don't know the reset question. help, please. 64f140e8-c40a-4116-b00a-856a24c37927
  8. How do I remove parental controls from a second hand Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove parental controls from a second hand Xbox 360?: I can't play a R18 game because of the parental control that was put on by previous owners. I can't find them to ask for the password? How do I remove it myself? 3d29a4bf-bb58-4ef1-9e04-c76fa06bfc24
  9. Second hand Xbox 360 and we can not play 18 rated games due to family settings (from...

in XBoX on Windows
    Second hand Xbox 360 and we can not play 18 rated games due to family settings (from...: Any help or advice we would be grateful, thanks a362c752-e25d-4dde-85e0-40f703dee2a7
  10. Parental Passcode On Second Hand Xbox 360. How can i get Rid Of Them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Passcode On Second Hand Xbox 360. How can i get Rid Of Them?: I Have A Second Hand Xbox 360 With Parental Controls On it. I've Been Trying To brute Force it But I Gave Up. How Can I reset It? ( It is an A disassembled state do to Other Problems It Had, But...