Second hand consoles and the risk of being banned?

Discus and support Second hand consoles and the risk of being banned? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since I can't play 360 games on the Series X (and no one knows how to fix that), I'm looking at buying an Xbox 360. If the console is second hand, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by InfinityOnH1gh, Aug 28, 2023.

1. Second hand consoles and the risk of being banned?

Since I can't play 360 games on the Series X (and no one knows how to fix that), I'm looking at buying an Xbox 360.

If the console is second hand, and the previous owner did some naughty things on it, is it possible to wipe the console completely clean? I assume a factory reset is enough? I don't want to sign into my account and get banned or whatever for using a modded console.

:)

InfinityOnH1gh, Aug 28, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Not necessarily. It would just depend on when the enforcement team notices an issue and issues the ban.
  3. InfinityOnH1gh Win User

I've used an alt account on the console, signed into Xbox Live, downloaded some free trials, and everything seems normal. No bans. I assume it would have happened by now?
  4. Smwutches Win User

It would depend on what was done to the console. Even with a factory reset, if the original owner tampered with hardware, the console could still be at risk for a ban.
  5. InfinityOnH1gh Win User

Well I'll have to live in fear then.
  6. Smwutches Win User

New Console Banned

The PET won't discuss console bans. Sorry, but it's buyer beware when it comes to buying used 360s.

From the console ban FAQ:

Can I still be banned if I purchased a modified console second-hand?

Yes. The warranty on a second hand console is void, and the purchaser assumes the risk for any previous modifications. If you purchase a console that has been previously suspended you will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE.
Thema:

1. Second hand consoles and the risk of being banned? - Similar Threads - Second hand consoles

2. I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...: Please help [img] e26eafb7-5c77-4439-82c7-628498dfa87d
  3. Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link

in XBoX on Windows
    Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link: Well so I bought a second hand xbox 360 on amazon. Stupidly connected it to my LAN, prior owner accounts were present and formatted the drive through the 360 console as well as doing a factory...
  4. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  5. Second Hand Xbox series x Diablo IV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Second Hand Xbox series x Diablo IV: Bought a second hand Xbox Series X from cex . It says Diablo iv is included with this xbox, but its got claimed next to it and says choose another account. Is it possible to redeem it on my...
  6. How to use dlc codes on games brought second hand for xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use dlc codes on games brought second hand for xbox: Hi everyone ,I have recently purchased destiny 1 legendary pack from my local cex store. When I opened the game there were dlc code cards for the game, but when I enter the codes I am met with...
  7. How do I add my account to a second-hand Xbox that has an access key?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I add my account to a second-hand Xbox that has an access key?: I just bought a second-hand Xbox One S off of somebody and they have an access key on it (which I don’t know and they won’t reply to me) is there any possible way to gain access to the Xbox so I...
  8. I need reset code for my second hand Xbox 360 please

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need reset code for my second hand Xbox 360 please: I need reset code for my second hand Xbox 360 please 36e83070-632c-4a94-888b-ab4bb518dea6
  9. I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous...: I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous owner . I've tried the support website it just loads. Please help 5a1de90e-6ced-42d6-8694-2ce7ff0ec910
  10. Does anyone know how to get rid of family settings on a second hand Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how to get rid of family settings on a second hand Xbox 360?: I have recently bought an Xbox 360 and have found that there are family settings on it which I do not have the code to. da9ff7b8-6016-4d1b-85e7-0e81c8f9307a