Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive

Discus and support Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i gave my little brother my Xbox and im gonna go the PC route now. Can i use the external hard drive on the PC and play the digital copy games that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by 3King2436, Dec 10, 2020.

1. 3King2436
    3King2436 Guest

So i gave my little brother my Xbox and im gonna go the PC route now. Can i use the external hard drive on the PC and play the digital copy games that are on it? If there is a certian software or hardware i have to use what is it?

:)

3King2436, Dec 10, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Seagate external hard drive for Xbox one x

Is your Seagate drive a USB 3.0 drive. If it is a USB 1 or 2 then it will not be fast enough to work on the Xbox One. You would need to purchase a USB 3.0 external hard drive for it to work.
  3. FourFusion Win User

Hard drive not woking

Easystore 2TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black
  4. poker7275 Win User

Which External Hard Drive Should I Buy?

I purchased the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive STDR2000100 Black last week at Best Buy for $99. It takes 2 seconds to setup and works like a charm! Happy gaming!
  5. Smwutches Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive

You should look for USB 3.0 compatible portable HDD's. I use a 2TB Seagate on my Xbox 360.

Note that you can store and play only Xbox 360 or backwards compatible Xbox games. You will NOT be able to play Xbox One games.

Good luck!
    Note that external hard drives do not have the files needed to play backwards compatible games on a 360. Only an official MS 360 hard drive does. So an external drive would not work in this case.
  6. D43D4L14N X1 Win User

Please recommend a good 3.0 USB hard drive

I personally use, and recommend an USB 3.0 Seagate 2TB Expansion HDD for Xbox One, as external drive is powered by mains plug pack.

Laptop External HDDs powered by USB port, are thinner; but, are also slower than Desktop HDDs used in mains powered external drives.

People recommend Western Digital (WD) external HDDs: But, they tend to use Green drives that don't perform well, and tend to fail sooner etc.
Thema:

1. Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Seagate Game Drive

2. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  3. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  4. My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.: As stated in title my seagate hard drive, (1tb black brick with a green led light) wont let me play series x optismised games anymore. As the internal hard drive is really small this hard drive...
  5. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive: How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71
  6. Seagate 4t game drive for Xbox s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 4t game drive for Xbox s: How do I play my games on my hard drive with my Xbox s it says my games aren’t compatible with the hard drive and need to be moved into my internal drive. 78e3875d-bfa4-43e9-9d46-f5a925ca7478
  7. Games are not working on seagate external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Games are not working on seagate external hard drive?: I got the seagate external hard drive optimized for Xbox x/s but I can’t play some games such as apex or overwatch, I thought the seagate external hard drive let you play Xbox x/s optimized games...
  8. Why can’t I play games direct from seagate hard drive??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play games direct from seagate hard drive??: Hi all I have a seagate hard drive, but every time I want to play a game that’s stored there it tells me I have to move it to the Xbox memory. I then have to move a game from the Xbox to the...
  9. why can’t I play my games from my 2TB seagate drive? It says the game can’t be played from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t I play my games from my 2TB seagate drive? It says the game can’t be played from...: why do I have to buy another drive that only comes with 2tb for half the price of a damn Xbox series x??? If yall gonna force us to play off a storage drive at LEAST MAKE THE INTERNAL STORAGE MORE...
  10. What's wrong with my Seagate Game Drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's wrong with my Seagate Game Drive?: My Seagate Game Drive for xbox one just today won't power on properly (no light), not detectable by the xbox but sounds normal when I listen to it. Tried plugging it into my son's PC and won't...