Sea of Thieves (Steam purchase) linking and unlinking accounts

Discus and support Sea of Thieves (Steam purchase) linking and unlinking accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I've recently purchased my son Sea of Thieves in Steam and I linked my Xbox account thinking that 2 Sea of Thieves accounts can use it. My mistake.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sasha Temones, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Sea of Thieves (Steam purchase) linking and unlinking accounts

Hi! I've recently purchased my son Sea of Thieves in Steam and I linked my Xbox account thinking that 2 Sea of Thieves accounts can use it. My mistake. I want to unlink it and link my son's Xbox account instead. I have been trying to do it for several days now following all the how-tos in the internet for this and nothing is working. Help! Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks!

:)

Sasha Temones, Jun 26, 2023
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Unlinking Xbox Live Account to Steam and then Re-Linking a New Xbox Live Account to Steam

3. Belle B Win User

Hi Sasha

Sorry to hear about that, however, by doing this you will no longer have access to the original account's progress or items until you relink back to that account.

You may follow the steps here: https://support.seaofthieves.com/articles/36001...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

And if it still won't work, as they've suggested, you may submit a request to the game developers.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

when loading into the game on the title screen there is an option for linked accounts, that is where i always switch accounts as i play on multiple accounts.

if that does not work what are you getting, what error if any.

[​IMG]
  5. Krystian Kwestarz Win User

Redeeming a code problem

it is completed, i think that the problem is that i have sea of thieves bought on steam. My accounts are linked, still no result
  6. Francia J. Win User

Redeeming a code problem

You may be correct, Krystian. I found a helpful article from Sea of Thieves Support:

"When purchasing Bundles and Ancient Coin packs for Sea of Thieves, it is important that you purchase through the correct store for the platform in which you are playing. Otherwise you may not receive the items in which you have purchased!

So this means that if you are playing on the Steam version of Sea of Thieves, then you must purchase your content through the Steam store. And likewise, if you are using the Microsoft Store or Xbox version of Sea of thieves, then you must purchase your content through the Microsoft Store."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.seaofthieves.com/articles/36001...
Thema:

1. Sea of Thieves (Steam purchase) linking and unlinking accounts - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves Steam

2. how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?: Hello, I've been playing Sea of Thieves on the xbox console for a long time, but I always didn't like the sensitivity of the gamepad while playing. when you have pvp with a person playing on a PC,...
  3. How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?: How to play with Xbox friends?? I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying to get the invite to work in game, I tried...
  4. sea of thieves and cross play with steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sea of thieves and cross play with steam: im trying to play with my wife on sea of thieves I gameshare with her system and I usually play on steam but it is refusing to allow us to play together as it will sign me out on either steam or...
  5. Can we use Microsoft rewards to get ancient coins in Sea of thieves on Steam ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we use Microsoft rewards to get ancient coins in Sea of thieves on Steam ?: Hello. I would like to transform Microsoft reward points in ancient coins in sea of thieves. However I own the game through steam and have never played on Xbox. Is it possible to get ancient coins...
  6. Can't sign in to Xbox Live to play Sea of Thieves on Steam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox Live to play Sea of Thieves on Steam: [img] I recently downloaded Sea of Thieves from Steam but as soon as I launch the game it asks me to sign in to Xbox Live and it gets stuck on this window without further elaboration, even though...
  7. Sea of Thieves not letting me change Microsoft accounts (steam)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sea of Thieves not letting me change Microsoft accounts (steam): I used to use an old Microsoft account that my dad owned for games however I do not have access to that account anymore so I made this account. I wanted to play sea of thieves again but it keeps...
  8. Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant switch Microsoft accounts on Sea of Thieves. (PC) (Steam): I am currently trying to play sea of thieves. Whenever I launch the game is brings me to a screen that says "enter password" the only problem is that the account it wants me to sign in on is no...
  9. Changing account on sea of thieves via Steam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing account on sea of thieves via Steam: Hello, I been trying to open up Sea of Thieves all day but it keeps saying I need to sign in. I been trying to sign in with my main account but the game won't let me change my account, forcing me...
  10. i can't change my sea of thieve account to new one on steam

in XBoX Accessibility
    i can't change my sea of thieve account to new one on steam: [img] hi, can someone help me please,I want to change my original Xbox account to my new Xbox account, but I can't change to the new account and it always switches to the old account. and I've...