Sea of Thieves asking me to repurchase after buying it back in 2018

Discus and support Sea of Thieves asking me to repurchase after buying it back in 2018 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I decided I wanted to redownload sea of thieves, but when I go to redownload it, it just asks me to repurchase as if I havent owned it before. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Courtmyhairs, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Courtmyhairs
    Courtmyhairs Guest

So I decided I wanted to redownload sea of thieves, but when I go to redownload it, it just asks me to repurchase as if I havent owned it before. I even went into my payment and billing history and it shows that I bought the game in 2018 using a card. I have achievements still from when I played, confirming that I am using the correct account that I bought it on. Just confused as to why Its asking me to repurchase. Thank you

:)

Courtmyhairs, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Stephanie Dequito Win User

Hi there! My name is Stephanie and I'm more than happy to help you out!

May I ask which platform you are using, is it Xbox console or Windows PC?

Please perform a power cycle on your device.

For PC, click on the Windows logo at the bottom left then click Shut Down. Press and hold down the Power button on the case until it closes. Turn off the power supply to the machine. Power on the PC after 30 seconds - 2 minutes.

For Xbox, turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

If it doesn't work, please remove and re-add your account. Here is how:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/add-remove-account-xbox-one

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  3. niwshki Win User

Sea of Thieves Mercenary pack

Offer valid only in US, Mexico, Brazil, Canada (excluding Quebec), UK, France, Germany, Australia. Sea of Thieves Owners or Game Pass Subscribers who buy Gold during the offer will receive a digital code with the Sea of Thieves Mercenary Pack
    in their Xbox Message Center by 5/31/2018.

Sea of Thieves Owners or Game Pass Subscribers who buy Gold during the offer will
    receive a digital code with the Sea of Thieves Mercenary Pack in their
    Xbox Message Center
    by

MAY 31, 2018
  4. niwshki Win User

Mercenary Pack Sea of thieves

Please check
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sea-of-thieves-gold-offer#legal
    regarding the Terms and Conditions.

If this is the promo you are talking about, it says there:

Offer valid only in US, Mexico, Brazil, Canada (excluding Quebec), UK, France, Germany, Australia. Sea of Thieves Owners or Game Pass Subscribers who buy Gold during the offer will receive a digital code with the Sea of Thieves Mercenary Pack in their
    Xbox Message Center by 5/31/2018.
  5. niwshki Win User

Sea of Thieves Mercenary pack

Please check

Offer valid only in US, Mexico, Brazil, Canada (excluding Quebec), UK, France, Germany, Australia. Sea of Thieves Owners or Game Pass Subscribers who buy Gold during the offer will receive a digital code with the Sea of Thieves Mercenary Pack
  6. niwshki Win User

Sea of thieves DLC

Please check

Thema:

1. Sea of Thieves asking me to repurchase after buying it back in 2018 - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves asking

2. how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?: Hello, I've been playing Sea of Thieves on the xbox console for a long time, but I always didn't like the sensitivity of the gamepad while playing. when you have pvp with a person playing on a PC,...
  3. Sea of thieves insider confusion

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves insider confusion: So getting back into the insider after awhile I was able to play the insider years ago and the website still says I'm in it but whenever I load into the game I get a error saying I'm not in the...
  4. How do I sign in to sea of thieves on ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I sign in to sea of thieves on ps5: It does not give me direct information on the game how To c4e1ce3d-c636-41c4-851c-7558da2a49bc
  5. Microsoft store stuck on pending and downloading 0% when downloading Sea of Thieves.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store stuck on pending and downloading 0% when downloading Sea of Thieves.: So i want to download sea of thieves on the microsoft store but when i click install it is stuck on pending and downloading 0% and keeps switching from those states. It says the same from the...
  6. Sea of thieves vanished from my library

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves vanished from my library: So basically i used to play sot with my friends but stopped for quite a long periode of time, when i tried to play it again recently it asked me to do an update which is normal. But for some...
  7. Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.: Hi, operating on Windows 11 and I used to play SOT 1-2 years ago through Steam and now I'm getting the "You must be signed in to the Xbox network to play Sea of Thieves. Please sign in and try...
  8. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  9. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  10. Microsoft Store asks me to buy it again Sea of Thieves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store asks me to buy it again Sea of Thieves: hello i bougt 3-4 year back sea of thieves and now i want play but when i want setup there is no download or instal button just the price of the game I don't want to buy it again pls help me...