Screen time extention requests no longer appearing as notifications on PC

Discus and support Screen time extention requests no longer appearing as notifications on PC in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My main PC has just had a catastrophic crash and Windows 10 had to be reinstalled. I have reinstalled all my applications and everything works again... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BlunterCube4130, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Screen time extention requests no longer appearing as notifications on PC

My main PC has just had a catastrophic crash and Windows 10 had to be reinstalled. I have reinstalled all my applications and everything works again expect for notifications when my son requests an extension to his screen time on the Xbox One. The requests
    still come through as emails, and they do appear as notifications on a different computer in the house. I need them to start appearing again on the main PC as I have missed requests a couple of times resulting in a meltdown from him after the xbox shuts off.

Please help!

:)

BlunterCube4130, Jan 20, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi BlunterCube4130

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help. You may need to re-do the screen time limits so that the information can re-sync to all of your devices. If you set up screen time but it isn't working
    as expected, here are a few things you can try:

• Set up one schedule: With the latest update of Windows, you're able to set up one schedule that'll apply to all of your child's devices. This means if you give them five hours in a day, they'll have five hours between their Xbox
      One and Windows 10 devices. Otherwise, time gets tracked separately, so one hour of screen time means one hour per device.
    • Update Windows: Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates and install any available updates. Check
      your child's device for an update
    • Restart your device: Select Start > Power > Restart.
    • Sign in: Make sure your child is signed in with their Microsoft account on their device. If they are, you can check to make sure their account is syncing up right. Select Start > Settings > Accounts and
      follow the prompts to verify their account.
    • Keep it in the family group: Accounts outside of your Microsoft family aren’t subject to screen time limits that you set. To prevent kids from creating new accounts, on your Xbox
      press the Xbox button, then select System > Settings > System > Signed-out
      content restrictions. Create a guest key and turn off Let people download & make new accounts. From then on, you'll need a guest key to add new accounts.

Let us know if this helps!
  3. BlunterCube4130 Win User

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help. You may need to re-do the screen time limits so that the information can re-sync to all of your devices. If you set up screen time but it isn't working
    as expected, here are a few things you can try:

• Set up one schedule: With the latest update of Windows, you're able to set up one schedule that'll apply to all of your child's devices. This means if you give them five hours in a day, they'll have five hours between their Xbox
      One and Windows 10 devices. Otherwise, time gets tracked separately, so one hour of screen time means one hour per device.
    • Update Windows: Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates and install any available updates. Check
      your child's device for an update
    • Restart your device: Select Start > Power > Restart.
    • Sign in: Make sure your child is signed in with their Microsoft account on their device. If they are, you can check to make sure their account is syncing up right. Select Start > Settings > Accounts and
      follow the prompts to verify their account.
    • Keep it in the family group: Accounts outside of your Microsoft family aren’t subject to screen time limits that you set. To prevent kids from creating new accounts, on your Xbox
      press the Xbox button, then select System > Settings > System > Signed-out
      content restrictions. Create a guest key and turn off Let people download & make new accounts. From then on, you'll need a guest key to add new accounts.

Let us know if this helps!
    Hi, Thanks for the reply. Your suggestions didn't work but I think I've worked out what the problem is. After the latest update to Microsoft edge / windows 10 the PC offered me 4 log in options on start up, rather than just logging me to the PC in as normal.
    All four of us in the family group were given an option to log in, along with a fifth option, bizarrely called 'Hello'. This fifth option is the administrator and also contains all our files and photos with the documents folder. Whilst logged in as 'Hello'
    I do not receive notifications from the Xbox when my son asks for more time. If I log out of 'Hello' and log in as me I now get the notifications from the Xbox, however I can't access any of the documents in the administrator section.

Is there anyway of merging my Microsoft account with this 'hello' account?
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Notification no longer appear

Go to Settings, select Preferences, and then select Notifications to check if you have disabled the pop up notifications. If that doesn't help follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings>Disc & Blu Ray

2. Click Clear Persistent Storage 3 times

3. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts off.

If you are a member of the preview program you should check the apposite forums regarding preview program issues.
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

Xbox welcome back pop up

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

Check that everything is in order:

When a pop-up notification appears and you want to see it, press and hold the Xbox button  on your controller. If you miss the pop-up notification, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select the Notifications icon at the bottom of the guide to view it.

To change your notification settings: Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then select Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Notifications.
    To change whether notification banners appear on the screen, select Notification banners on (or off).

To change how Xbox notifications appear, select Xbox Notifications.
    Select the Allow notifications checkbox to turn off notifications, or select the options on the screen based on how you want to receive notifications.

To change how app notifications appear, select App notifications.
    Select the Allow notifications checkbox to turn off notifications, or select the options on the screen based on how you want to receive notifications.

To change where notifications appear on the screen, select Default notification position.
    Select one of six locations, indicated with a check mark, where you want your notifications to appear on the screen. After making your selection, select Done.
    To change the length of time notifications are available or the amount of time a notification stays on your screen, select Notification time.

In the Show menu, you can choose to keep all notifications, even if they have expired and can't be opened, by selecting All items, even expired ones, or you can show only recent items that can be opened by selecting Only items I can open .

In the Time pop-up menu, you can change the length of time a notification appears on the screen from Default to 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, or 5 minutes. Select the option you want, then press the A button  to confirm.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...ezca una notificación popup,de la guía to see it.

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Achievements in PC Game Pass games unlocks but does not pop nor sound on screen

About this problem, I checked if all the updates are installed on the console, if not, do the procedure. Another solution is to check if pop-up notifications are enabled and configured : When you see a pop-up notification, press and hold the Xbox  button on the controller. If you miss the pop-up notification, press the Xbox  button to open the panel and select the Notifications block at the bottom of the panel to display it.

To change notification settings: press the Xbox button  to open the panel, then select Profile & System > Settings > Preferences > Notifications.

To change whether notification banners appear on the screen, select Notification Banners Enabled (or Disabled).

To change how Xbox notifications appear, select Xbox Notifications.

Check the Allow notifications checkbox to disable notifications or select on-screen choices based on how you'd like to receive notifications.

To change how app notifications appear, select App Notifications.

Check the Allow notifications checkbox to disable notifications or select on-screen choices based on how you'd like to receive notifications.

To change where notifications appear on the screen, select Default Notification Position.

Select one of six locations, indicated by a checkmark, where you want your notifications to appear on your screen. After making your selection, select Done.

To change how long notifications will be available or how long a notification will remain on the screen, select Notification time.

In the Show menu, you can choose to keep all notifications, even if they have expired and cannot be opened by selecting All items, even expired ones, or to show only recent items that can be opened by selecting Only items that I can open.

In the Pop-up time menu, you can change how long a notification should appear on the screen, choosing Standard or 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute or 5 minutes. Select the desired option and press the A  button to confirm.

Sincerely, Fernando.
Thema:

1. Screen time extention requests no longer appearing as notifications on PC - Similar Threads - Screen extention requests

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  4. On screen keyboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard: How do I turn off on screen keyboard on xbox series? It is really anoying. 0ed2f2df-01e7-4e76-944f-b59722587450
  5. I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen: It updated. It feels like something is using all the cpu because the controller is very laggy. It gets stuck at login screen and eventually just turns black. I've restarted and pulled the power...
  6. Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...: Hello my name is Antonio I have been playing Eso for years and for the past week It has not been letting me load up my main just gets stuck on character select screen i’ve tried reinstalling the...
  7. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  8. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  9. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  10. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...