Screen ratio problems on Prime video app

Discus and support Screen ratio problems on Prime video app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The Prime video app on my Xbox One has had issues with the ratio for the video player since an update on Saturday. The screen has been pushed down by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Magnus Grant, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Magnus Grant
    Magnus Grant Guest

The Prime video app on my Xbox One has had issues with the ratio for the video player since an update on Saturday. The screen has been pushed down by the top black bar as seen in the attached image. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution or an update happening?

:)

Magnus Grant, Oct 18, 2023
  2. Magnus Grant Win User

I already did and they couldn't help. They referred me to the Xbox community
  3. Magnus Grant Win User

I tried that and also toying about with my T.V ratio and the issue is still there
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Magnus. I’m Arturo.

I’m sorry to hear Prime Video is not working as expected after a recent update.

Would I know if you tried reinstalling the app?

Furthermore, in case reinstalling the app doesn’t work, may I know what other procedures you tried so far?
  5. Sodangidni Win User

Hi, Magnus. If the behavior is occurring only with Prime Video, it is recommended to report the problem to Amazon support, because they're the developers of the app.

However, before you decide to contact them, I want to ask if your Xbox is enrolled in the Xbox insider program.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

If you have a problem with an app, and it's not universal, you need to contact them, in this case Prime
Thema:

1. Screen ratio problems on Prime video app - Similar Threads - Screen ratio problems

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  4. On screen keyboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard: How do I turn off on screen keyboard on xbox series? It is really anoying. 0ed2f2df-01e7-4e76-944f-b59722587450
  5. I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen: It updated. It feels like something is using all the cpu because the controller is very laggy. It gets stuck at login screen and eventually just turns black. I've restarted and pulled the power...
  6. Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...: Hello my name is Antonio I have been playing Eso for years and for the past week It has not been letting me load up my main just gets stuck on character select screen i’ve tried reinstalling the...
  7. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  8. Philips 42PFL5405H: Screen ratio

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Philips 42PFL5405H: Screen ratio: Philips (Televisions) 42PFL5405H: Screen ratio Is it in games only or dashboard as well? a5f02252-0a00-40cd-83f7-316ef105d2d1
  9. Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio): While not really HARDWARE related, this (Likely N00b) question is related to VIDEO itself (Given the forum layout, this appeared to be the most appropriate place I could find) But what I'm...
  10. Screen ratio/aspect. HDMI cables messed up my screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen ratio/aspect. HDMI cables messed up my screen: I had this same problem with the 360. When I use HDMI cables it makes the screen slightly squished together and when I used regular cables it was perfect. Now on the X1 I can't use regular cables...