Screen goes dim while watching tv

Discus and support Screen goes dim while watching tv in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Pretty hard to watch ESPN shows when I have to sit up, JUST to pick up my controller, JUST to turn it on, JUST to give the system a simple command JUST... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pallydots, Nov 1, 2015.

1. MASTERPOO1
    MASTERPOO1 Guest

Pretty hard to watch ESPN shows when I have to sit up, JUST to pick up my controller, JUST to turn it on, JUST to give the system a simple command JUST to bring my screen back to its original brightness level.

This is hella inconvenient, and it's common sense the screen shouldn't dim on you while you're watching/streaming a service on your xbox.

This is a slap in the face. We pay too much too often to not have basic logistics.

MASTERPOO1, Dec 7, 2015
  2. mr ectomy
    mr ectomy Guest
    Xbox support wanted me to send my console in for repair for this. I am fairly certain this is a software issue though. Never happened before NXBOE, although oddly enough it only started to happen a couple of days ago for me.

I rather take my console back to the store under guarantee because it would be quicker than waiting for a repair i dont think i need. Tried all the settings/reset stuff. Dimming out video after 20 minutes is ridiculous on a console thats supposed to a an
    all in one media system!

mr ectomy, Dec 7, 2015
  3. F117T38
    F117T38 Guest
    Any updates on this. I am about to bypass the xbox with the dish network feed. Makes my very nice big screen tv useless.

F117T38, Dec 9, 2015
  4. FONZIE2107
    FONZIE2107 Guest

I'm also having this issue. Its a complete pain in the ***.

Does it whike watching videos from an external USB, streaming from my phone etc.

FONZIE2107, Dec 10, 2015
  5. mr ectomy
    mr ectomy Guest
    I have this issue on my console too. Found a workaround that works for me, thought I'd share.

Ive found that the screen dimming thing only starts happening after I've been in a game and then gone to watch tv.

It doesnt happen if i go straight into oneguide from startup. If i play a game and then want to watch tv afterwards i restart my system and go straight into oneguide.

Its a bit of a pain still but not as bad as having to nudge the controller every 15 mins

mr ectomy, Dec 15, 2015
  6. mr ectomy
    mr ectomy Guest
    Not ideal. But ive resorted to doing a factory reset. Its totally fixed this issue.

mr ectomy, Dec 17, 2015
  7. Yeah this issue needs resolved quickly. It's super annoying especially since they want us to use the Xbox as a total media center. To mess up on delivering the media experience is almost unforgivable, fix this problem or people will find other devices
    to use and you'll further lose your market share.

Mostly crippled, Jan 3, 2016
  8. N4turePhreak
    N4turePhreak Guest

This is frustrating! My console is 1 month old and this issue where the display dims after 15 minutes, just started 5 days ago. Based on other forums, this was a known issue that was supposed to have been resolved with the last major update, in November
    2015. To reset the console, albeit a viable option, is not only time consuming and extremely inconvenient but for some who have internet data caps, can be costly. Just to set up the console, with my games was just shy 80Gb of data and an all night process.
    I am impressed with the features of Xbox One but I have never had an issues like this with my 360. Microsoft - please address this!

N4turePhreak, Jan 7, 2016
  9. N4turePhreak
    N4turePhreak Guest
    I'm in Canada... I found this thread while trying to resolve the issue. I posted on here, a few hours ago. There was a OS update, released yesterday (Jan 7} that seems to have resolved the issue. <insert BIG smile here>

I do not know if different locations have different naming conventions for updates, just in case, I hope this applies to you. Check under your system settings and see if there's an update. Best of Luck!

OS version: 10.0.10586.1026 (th2_xbox_rel_1510.151217-1035) fre

Release date

07/1/2016

N4turePhreak, Jan 7, 2016
  10. kilroy14
    kilroy14 Guest
    Same issue since latest update.

kilroy14, Jan 14, 2016
  11. Having the same issue.Trying to watch a stream on Edge.Screen going dim every 10-15 minutes or so!

THE CON of M4N, Feb 6, 2016
  12. Just want to share this workaround or fix with regards to this matter. I have noticed that this might be related to the console power mode since the dimming will start if there's no activity (meaning the controller is not used and there's no navigation done).
    This is like on PC that will start to dim and hibernate if watching movies or listening to music.

You just need to toggle the console power mode from Instant-On to Energy-saving and then changing it back to Instant-on. This has worked with my brother's console that get same problem.

AssortedStar45, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: