Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV

Discus and support Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So on quite a few games that I lay, the screen is chopped off on all sides. I have looked up how to fix it, but since the games do not have an adjust... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZDragonLord X, May 5, 2018.

1. Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV

So on quite a few games that I lay, the screen is chopped off on all sides. I have looked up how to fix it, but since the games do not have an adjust setting, I have to use the TV's. That being said, when I try to adjust it, the setting is grayed out.

Now I have a older-ish TV paired with a router/surround sound receiver setup.

Sony Bravia KDL-32S3000 TV

Onkyo HT-R580

I'm looking for anyone with any suggestions that use a receiver and can adjust their TV screen size. Not looking for anything big and fancy, but nothing cheap either. Nowhere can I find info regarding compatibility issues with resizing, but I would doubt
    the receiver would restrict it.

Thanks for any help or advice.

:)

ZDragonLord X, May 5, 2018
  2. Xbox one screen cut off

I have a 54" RCA TV and xbox one edges are cut off it does support 720p but the god *** edges are cutt off and it's so frustrating not being able to read things . Is there Any chance Microsoft is gonna add a screen adjuster in settings as my tv doesn't
    have a fit to screen option. Or an option to turn overscan off. *** me.

TheSoggySoviet, May 5, 2018
  3. philmsh
    philmsh Guest
    Calibrate HDTV - can't resize to see green box...

... and I can only scale UP on my LG TV.

Can we get an option in the settings to adjust our screen size please! Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV :)

Ryse cuts off quite heavily on the righthand side for me.

philmsh, May 5, 2018
  4. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest

do you have the following options available and that are active and not greyed out

Display Area

[Full Pixel] : Displays the original picture when parts of the picture are cut.

if so select full pixel, this i think is simular to just scan and would hopefully stop overscan.

Farscape247, May 10, 2018
  5. Farscape247 Win User

do you have the following options available and that are active and not greyed out

Display Area

[Full Pixel] : Displays the original picture when parts of the picture are cut.

if so select full pixel, this i think is simular to just scan and would hopefully stop overscan.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

SPDIF Optical Audio Cord not working.

If you have a mess around with the Tv screen options it should be possible to get the full Xbox display onto the screen, it's just that your Tv is overscanning the display right now and cutting the edges off.
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

SPDIF Optical Audio Cord not working.

As for the display being cut off when using HDMI that is usually a Tv setting, look in the screen options on your Tv for a Just Scan option, it may be named differently depending on the TV so try all the available options on the Tv regarding screen modes.
  8. YourKnightmares Win User

screen size wont fit game

It should be in the menu on your TV, be sure it is set so that it does not cut off even the edges when watching TV
  9. andersonpassos Win User

Manually Adjust Screen Size On Xbox One / Series X | S

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Unfortunately, the Xbox One and Series X|S consoles do not have a built-in feature to manually adjust the screen size. The console relies on the TV's settings to adjust the screen size, so if your TV does not have the option to adjust screen size, you will not be able to adjust it on the console.

However, there is a workaround for this issue. You can try using the "Overscan" setting on your TV. Overscan is a feature that allows you to adjust the size of the image being displayed on your screen. This will help you to adjust the screen size to fit the edges of your TV.

The steps to adjust overscan may vary depending on your TV, but you can usually find it in the TV's menu under "Picture" or "Display" settings. Once you have found the overscan option, you can adjust the size of the image being displayed on your screen.

It's worth noting that the feature is not available on all televisions and brands, it's a TV specific feature, you may want to check your TV's manual or consult the manufacturer's website for more information on how to access and use this feature.

Another option is to use a third-party device such as a scaler, which can adjust the resolution and aspect ratio of the video signal being sent to your TV. These devices can be connected between the Xbox and the TV, and can provide more flexibility in adjusting the screen size.
Thema:

1. Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV - Similar Threads - Screen edges cut

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  4. On screen keyboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard: How do I turn off on screen keyboard on xbox series? It is really anoying. 0ed2f2df-01e7-4e76-944f-b59722587450
  5. I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen: It updated. It feels like something is using all the cpu because the controller is very laggy. It gets stuck at login screen and eventually just turns black. I've restarted and pulled the power...
  6. Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...: Hello my name is Antonio I have been playing Eso for years and for the past week It has not been letting me load up my main just gets stuck on character select screen i’ve tried reinstalling the...
  7. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  8. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  9. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  10. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e