Screen edges cut off. Overscan issues.

Discus and support Screen edges cut off. Overscan issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been using my original Xbox One with the edges of the image on the screen cut off. First with my Vizio TV then the same problem when I bought a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AcidHyperspace, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Screen edges cut off. Overscan issues.

I've been using my original Xbox One with the edges of the image on the screen cut off. First with my Vizio TV then the same problem when I bought a larger flat screen on Craigslist. About 2 years ago I spent hours on tech support and they never solved my
    problem. TV Tech support says "call Xbox support" then when I called Xbox, they gave up and say "call Vizio support back" so I call them and they give up on me too. I've never been so totally failed by tech support. It's like my TV doesn't have the settings
    to correct the issue and Xbox doesn't either? Help? I needed to rant about this. I hate always wondering what I'm missing at the edge of my game or Netflix show. Oh and I bought a big flat screen on Craigslist but it had the same problem. Now I'm back using
    the original Vizio.

Thanks for reading my rant please help me thank you.

:)

AcidHyperspace, Feb 9, 2018
  2. Xbox one screen cut off

I have a 54" RCA TV and xbox one edges are cut off it does support 720p but the god *** edges are cutt off and it's so frustrating not being able to read things . Is there Any chance Microsoft is gonna add a screen adjuster in settings as my tv doesn't
    have a fit to screen option. Or an option to turn overscan off. *** me.

TheSoggySoviet, Feb 9, 2018
  3. Video Overscan option - what's that all about?

While digging around in the menus I found a Video Overscan option. I then noticed that there's a ~1cm gap around the edges of the screen that isn't populated. Enable the video overscan option and the screen gets filled in completely, but by a little too much and a few mm of the graphics are cut off around the edge of my TV.

I quite like the overscan filling the TV, but I don't like having even a little bit of the screen cut-off. But I'd like to know why this is even necessary? First I've seen of this that I can recall.

Tufty McTavish, Feb 9, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

Having a look around the internet it seems like you need to set the picture aspect ratio to wide on your television to turn off overscan. If this does not work I would also try possibly setting it to 16-9 ratio.

gds1972, Feb 9, 2018
  5. Heya!

Were you able to get that working with the steps gds1972 provided?

Post back and let us know if you still need assistance!

Mister Getafix, Nov 1, 2018
  6. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Having a look around the internet it seems like you need to set the picture aspect ratio to wide on your television to turn off overscan. If this does not work I would also try possibly setting it to 16-9 ratio.
  7. Mister Getafix Win User

Heya!

Were you able to get that working with the steps gds1972 provided?

Post back and let us know if you still need assistance!
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

SPDIF Optical Audio Cord not working.

If you have a mess around with the Tv screen options it should be possible to get the full Xbox display onto the screen, it's just that your Tv is overscanning the display right now and cutting the edges off.
  9. GaryWinteringham Win User

Possible Xbox One Gamer: Questions About Previous System Issues

There is no overscan available on the xbox one at the minute, I'm really hoping a option is added in the future as my tv also cuts the edge's off, it's really annoying when snapping apps as there's some cut off.
  10. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Aspect ratio

Hi, that is usually caused by something called overscan on the Tv, try looking for some overscan option in the Tv picture settings.

If you're struggling please post the make and model of the Tv and I'll try to find more info, be aware that not all Tv's have this overscan option so you may be stuck with the cut off screen.
Thema:

1. Screen edges cut off. Overscan issues. - Similar Threads - Screen edges cut

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  4. On screen keyboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard: How do I turn off on screen keyboard on xbox series? It is really anoying. 0ed2f2df-01e7-4e76-944f-b59722587450
  5. I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen: It updated. It feels like something is using all the cpu because the controller is very laggy. It gets stuck at login screen and eventually just turns black. I've restarted and pulled the power...
  6. Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...: Hello my name is Antonio I have been playing Eso for years and for the past week It has not been letting me load up my main just gets stuck on character select screen i’ve tried reinstalling the...
  7. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  8. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  9. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  10. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e