Screen cut off

Discus and support Screen cut off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The edges of the game are cut off on my TV screen - how can I fix this? 29e735c8-7539-4b45-aff2-51dacf59bd0c Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Strommen [MSFT], Dec 29, 2016.

1. Screen cut off

The edges of the game are cut off on my TV screen - how can I fix this?

:)

Daniel Strommen [MSFT], Dec 29, 2016
  2. screen region cut off

I suggest you go to Settings, Display and Sound, Video Output. Make sure that the display settings match the capabilities of your television. If the settings are correct, run "Calibrate HDTV" from the same area. It will allow you to adjust the aspect ratio
    used by the Xbox.

TheBostonTMan, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Alex_k17
    Alex_k17 Guest
    screen region cut off

so at the moment my overwatch screen is cut off, also the twitch app and some youtube videos and my tv is old and crap so it won't allow me to change my aspect ratio is there a way to do so on xbox i have tried telling it auto calibrate it doesn't fix the
    problem

sorry for bad grammar and spelling

Alex_k17, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Screen cut off

Hey there nerdile,

You'll want to check on your TV settings to ensure that the picture isn't Zoomed in. That's likely the cause, your TV Manufacturer will be best to help check those settings with you.

Mister Mascot, Dec 30, 2016
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Screen cut off

Hey there nerdile,

You'll want to check on your TV settings to ensure that the picture isn't Zoomed in. That's likely the cause, your TV Manufacturer will be best to help check those settings with you.
  6. Almighty Claude Win User

Frustrating glitch

My screen cuts it off.....
  7. TheBostonTMan Win User

screen region cut off

I suggest you go to Settings, Display and Sound, Video Output. Make sure that the display settings match the capabilities of your television. If the settings are correct, run "Calibrate HDTV" from the same area. It will allow you to adjust the aspect ratio
    used by the Xbox.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Edges of screen are cut off.

9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

screen region cut off

Your Xbox One console supports a variety of display settings. It's easy to select the settings that are best for your television (your tv should be able to support at least 720p though). Here's how:

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

Select Settings.

Select All Settings.

Select Display & sound, and then select Video output.

Choose the display and picture settings appropriate for your TV.

For more info:
    support.xbox.com/.../adjust-display-settings
Thema:

Screen cut off

1. Screen cut off - Similar Threads - Screen cut off

2. Xbox one screen edges cut off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one screen edges cut off: I have a 50inch panasonic vierra hdtv and spent an hour messing around with the screen settings and nothing I can find makes the screen fit on my Xbox one s. If I’m playing Far Cry 5 my health bar...
  3. Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV: So on quite a few games that I lay, the screen is chopped off on all sides. I have looked up how to fix it, but since the games do not have an adjust setting, I have to use the TV's. That being...
  4. Microsoft Treasure Hunt right side of the screen is cut off.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Treasure Hunt right side of the screen is cut off.: Snaggy - easy screenshots Here is a screenshot. I have tried everything to make it work but im starting to think the game needs updated. It works fine in windows 8.1 but not windows 10. Is there a...
  5. Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen edges cut off, TV setting to adjust disabled. Need options on new TV: So on quite a few games that I lay, the screen is chopped off on all sides. I have looked up how to fix it, but since the games do not have an adjust setting, I have to use the TV's. That being...
  6. Screen edges cut off. Overscan issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen edges cut off. Overscan issues.: I've been using my original Xbox One with the edges of the image on the screen cut off. First with my Vizio TV then the same problem when I bought a larger flat screen on Craigslist. About 2 years...
  7. Shadow warrior screen cut off issue plz help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shadow warrior screen cut off issue plz help: hi i am currently playing shadow warrior 1 and i am having a screen problem where it is cut off at top and bottom. My tv is Samsung and quite old so there is no setting to change it and there is...
  8. screen region cut off

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen region cut off: so at the moment my overwatch screen is cut off, also the twitch app and some youtube videos and my tv is old and crap so it won't allow me to change my aspect ratio is there a way to do so on...
  9. Edges of screen are cut off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Edges of screen are cut off.: So for some reason on my Xbox One the edges of the screen are cut off. I tried to Calibarate HDTV which didn't work I tried switching to 720p to 1080p nothing. I tried messing with the format on...
  10. XBOX One Home screen cut off on the bottom/right side on Toshiba 62HMX84

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Home screen cut off on the bottom/right side on Toshiba 62HMX84: I have a 40" Toshiba that my dad had won a few years back. When I first got my Xbox 0ne, it worked fine and I was able to calibrate it. I hooked up my One back to the same TV today, and now my...