Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue)

Discus and support Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This occurred while playing apex legends. The hdr suddenly turned off and the screen became almost washed out where colours were very dull. This only... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Rishay_97, Nov 23, 2020.

1. /u/Rishay_97
    /u/Rishay_97 Guest

This occurred while playing apex legends. The hdr suddenly turned off and the screen became almost washed out where colours were very dull. This only happened about twice so it’s a rare bug. But just want y’all to know about it

submitted by /u/Rishay_97
    [link] [comments]

/u/Rishay_97, Nov 23, 2020
  2. MichaelJKenny Win User

Xbox Oe X Scorpio HDR Washed Out

Take a look at this :

"Xbox One X als UHD Blu-ray Player: SDR besser als HDR?"
    in youtube

I have the exact same problem with HDR.

Moreover, in games, I see no differences with the HDR feature activated or deactivated

Thats strange because I have exactly same TV and difference With or without HDR is huge and colours are not washed out in games
    Games are fine. It is HDR Video content from Netlfix, Amazon, and Bluray Player that is having the issue.
  3. konrad83-FFE3FC93-34 Win User

Xbox Oe X Scorpio HDR Washed Out

Take a look at this :

"Xbox One X als UHD Blu-ray Player: SDR besser als HDR?"
    in youtube

I have the exact same problem with HDR.

Moreover, in games, I see no differences with the HDR feature activated or deactivated
    Thats strange because I have exactly same TV and difference With or without HDR is huge and colours are not washed out in games
  4. willmeister85 Win User

Xbox one s 4k blu ray hdr problem

I have the exact same TV and issue you are having. When playing Forza Horizon 3 the colours look washed out and dim, even when looking at the home screen while Forza is running in the background. When I quit the game the screen goes blank and brightens up.

Have you had any luck fixing it? I read online that some TV's are having issues with the HDR being properly recognised.
  5. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

Video and Display

Sounds like an issue with HDR. Are you playing on a 4k screen? If so, can you change the colour settings? Like, to 'HDR Game' or 'HDR Vivid'?
  6. RCblackbelt24 Win User

Xbox One S HDR washed out

Unfortunately, same issue here. I have just bought a brand new Philips 65PUS7502/12 TV. I turned on the UHD Colour Mode 4:4:4/4:2:2 on my TV to make all the 4K checkmarks green on my Xbox One S.

When I started GoW4 the HDR Signal notification appeared on the screen but the game looked very dark and colours lacked saturation. All I could do on my TV was to increase brightness to maximum but it harly helped. I am an owner of a PS4 Pro too and sorry to
    say but SONY engineers did a far better job while implanting HDR to their systems.
    That's odd because I have zero problems with HDR games but UHDs and Netflix look washed out. Tried aftermarket 4k 60Hz 18Gbps HDMIs and still the same issue. UHDs and Netflix look better with the HDR turned off which makes it pointless to even have HDR on
    the XBOX ONE other than games. This issue has been around since the XBox One S released and I dont think it'll get fixed. I am buying a One X and I am praying this isnt an ongoing issue with MS consoles.
Thema:

1. Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue) - Similar Threads - Screen colour washed

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  4. On screen keyboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard: How do I turn off on screen keyboard on xbox series? It is really anoying. 0ed2f2df-01e7-4e76-944f-b59722587450
  5. I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen: It updated. It feels like something is using all the cpu because the controller is very laggy. It gets stuck at login screen and eventually just turns black. I've restarted and pulled the power...
  6. Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...: Hello my name is Antonio I have been playing Eso for years and for the past week It has not been letting me load up my main just gets stuck on character select screen i’ve tried reinstalling the...
  7. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  8. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  9. Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?: When I record screen capture videos on age of empire 4 it only saves in strange colours ie negative colour scheme. It does not do this on other games. I have had a look at the settings but...
  10. How do I fix my Xbox from looking like this the colour is all distorted and the screen is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my Xbox from looking like this the colour is all distorted and the screen is...: [img] The screen started getting dark yesterday but now I just can’t use my Xbox to play any games on or do anything. It is the Xbox series X. I have tried restarting it and unplugging it but none...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza horizon 4 hdr washed out series x